Should I Purchase the EBC (12 vols)?

Page 2 of 2 (37 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 36 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 3992
Forum MVP
PetahChristian | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 14 2017 6:58 AM

Mattillo:

Anyone know where this email came from?  Am I not subscribed to some special offer?  I checked zondervan's site yesterday but didn't see it listed

Some emails are personalized offers that only go out to a subset of people. E.g., "You have X in your wishlist, and it's on sale this month."

All we know is that it wasn't a general email which was sent to every subscriber.

Thankful for the forum thread, as that was also how I learned about it.

Thanks to FL for including Carta and a Hebrew audio bible in Logos 9!

Posts 49
Kason | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 14 2017 7:33 AM

Thanks everyone, I have purchased the set. I sure appreciate all of your time and guidance. 

Posts 2315
GaoLu | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 14 2017 7:46 AM

What do you think of it?

Posts 621
Dave Thawley | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 14 2017 3:41 PM

PetahChristian:

Mattillo:

Anyone know where this email came from?  Am I not subscribed to some special offer?  I checked zondervan's site yesterday but didn't see it listed

Some emails are personalized offers that only go out to a subset of people. E.g., "You have X in your wishlist, and it's on sale this month."

All we know is that it wasn't a general email which was sent to every subscriber.

Thankful for the forum thread, as that was also how I learned about it.

This was my e-mail :-) We noticed you have took an interesting the product so we thought you may be interested etc...

Posts 7883
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 14 2017 4:57 PM

Gao Lu:

What do you think of it?

He just bought it, not much he could say 😁 other than he's excited 👍

Posts 49
Kason | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 14 2017 7:28 PM

honestly I have not had the chance to dig into the very much at this point. From the small amount of time I have looked at them they seem to offer good insights in a short space. So far so good! :)

Posts 501
SteveHD | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 16 2017 7:18 PM

Stephen Steele:

Anyone know how long the sale is on for?

Just saw a new Zondervan FB add that states: "Save 64% on this 12-volume commentary set from Logos Bible Software right now: http://bit.ly/2mT93Wh Don’t wait, this sale ends March 27."

Posts 1028
Keith Pang | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 16 2017 8:29 PM

Would anyone buy this if they already had the Revised edition? 🤔🤔🤔🤔

Shalom, in Christ, Keith. Check out my music www.soundcloud.com/therealkpang

Posts 5317
Dan Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 17 2017 11:38 AM

Keith Pang:
<p>Would anyone buy this if they already had the Revised edition? 🤔🤔🤔🤔</p>

Not likely but.....

• Volume 1 articles are very good and hard to imagine why they were removed from the revision...
  • Tenny's commentary on Gospel John
  • James M. Boice on Galatians
  • Leon Morris on Hebrews
  • R. L. Harris on Leviticus

While there are 17 books that are completely replaced the above ones mentioned are strong ones and at this price tempting...

Articles plus 17 different commentaries are they wroth it, a lot might say yes most no.... I value the EBC more than the EBCR but had I owned EBCR first would i buy EBC now.... For me I think I can say yes but I highly value the articles and john/hebrews in particular.

-dan

Posts 1028
Keith Pang | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 17 2017 3:50 PM

Thanks for the info!!

Posts 2693
mab | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 17 2017 4:01 PM

The original is gold and cited so often it would be a shame not to have it. I had in print and jumped on it shortly after moving to Logos.

The mind of man is the mill of God, not to grind chaff, but wheat. Thomas Manton | Study hard, for the well is deep, and our brains are shallow. Richard Baxter

Posts 7883
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 17 2017 7:01 PM

Dan Francis:

Keith Pang:
<p>Would anyone buy this if they already had the Revised edition? 🤔🤔🤔🤔</p>

Not likely but.....

• Volume 1 articles are very good and hard to imagine why they were removed from the revision...
  • Tenny's commentary on Gospel John
  • James M. Boice on Galatians
  • Leon Morris on Hebrews
  • R. L. Harris on Leviticus

While there are 17 books that are completely replaced the above ones mentioned are strong ones and at this price tempting...

Articles plus 17 different commentaries are they wroth it, a lot might say yes most no.... I value the EBC more than the EBCR but had I owned EBCR first would i buy EBC now.... For me I think I can say yes but I highly value the articles and john/hebrews in particular.

-dan

Not to mention DA Carson on Matthew 👍

Posts 5317
Dan Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 17 2017 8:15 PM

DAL:
Not to mention DA Carson on Matthew 👍

Yes but he was retained in EBCR and possibly polished a bit.

-dan

Posts 2163
Joseph Turner | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 18 2017 6:59 AM

I bought it before the price increase originally because of all of the references to it from other resources.  For me, the ability to follow links quickly and easily is the most useful aspect of the Logos ecosystem, so I take advantage of discounts on popular scholarly sets whenever possible.

Disclaimer:  I hate using messaging, texting, and email for real communication.  If anything that I type to you seems like anything other than humble and respectful, then I have not done a good job typing my thoughts.

Posts 1028
Keith Pang | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 18 2017 11:56 AM
Good points everyone! I think I'm going to get it

Posts 5317
Dan Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 18 2017 12:40 PM

Always remember if you find it is just not worth it in a couple weeks you can call and let FL know it wasn't right for you and you can return it, but I hope you find enough value in it to want to keep it.

-Dan

Posts 1028
Keith Pang | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 18 2017 12:45 PM

Thanks Dan. That is a great reminder. I appreciate the 30 day money back policy

Page 2 of 2 (37 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS