John Macarthur's Blog Today

Page 2 of 2 (32 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 31 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 2992
Forum MVP
Jacob Hantla | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 22 2010 6:06 PM

Good reminder, Chris. The church at Ephesus was very good at finding error, AND they were commended for it even for their opposition to a particular person and breed of heresy. But that is not sufficient. Doctrinal discernment without love is not the mark of a Christian. Love is the mark of a Christian. And as I interact with many from Grace LA and Masters Seminary regularly, I have personally observed that they are marked by a true love for God, a love for the body, and a love for the lost. Could I find exceptions? Sure...but I don't think I could among MacArthur and his pastoral staff.

Remember, vote up the 1-3 John Commentary (column 4) at http://www.logosmarchmadness.com/

Jacob Hantla
Pastor/Elder, Grace Bible Church
gbcaz.org

Posts 172
Chris Ease | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 22 2010 6:19 PM

AMEN

Posts 2898
Mike Childs | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 22 2010 7:21 PM

Chris,

I still admire Billy Graham, and I thank God for him.  But I disagree with you strongly. 

Billy Graham's comments were public, not private.  The Gospel is bigger than even Billy Graham.  Billy Graham's comments demanded an answer. 

I listened to John MacArthur's comments.  They were not inappropriate.  I think he did exactly the right thing.

Mike

"In all cases, the Church is to be judged by the Scripture, not the Scripture by the Church," John Wesley

Posts 33452
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 22 2010 7:24 PM

Would the posters on this forum please read the guidelines. While this thread has not become offensive it is setting a bad example and makes closing down inappropriate forum threads more divisive.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 456
Roger Feenstra | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 22 2010 8:21 PM

Jacob Hantla:
For those who have his commentary series, you may be missing his recently released 1-3 John Commentary. It is in the running at http://www.logosmarchmadness.com/. It's in column 4.

It has my vote!

Elder/Pastor, Hope Now Bible Church, Fresno CA

Posts 2992
Forum MVP
Jacob Hantla | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 22 2010 9:33 PM

MJ. Smith:

Would the posters on this forum please read the guidelines. While this thread has not become offensive it is setting a bad example and makes closing down inappropriate forum threads more divisive.

I'm trying to keep the conversation tied to Logos by stumping for the 1-3 John Commentary by John MacArthur to win at http://www.logosmarchmadness.com/ (4th column)

(the forums were so much more fun before these guidelines Stick out tongue)

Jacob Hantla
gbcaz.org

Posts 33452
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 22 2010 9:38 PM

Jacob Hantla:
I'm trying to keep the conversation tied to Logos by stumping for the 1-3 John Commentary by John MacArthur to win at http://www.logosmarchmadness.com/ (4th column)

I did notice and appreciate your effort.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 172
Chris Ease | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 23 2010 6:00 AM

Sorry, I got off topic.  I did vote for John's Commentary.  I never said anything against Billy Graham.  I did get off topic in that I tried to show purpose in John's comments of his reference to Ephesians in his blog and that all believers as diverse as they are need to be unified for the Gospel.  Once again, I'm sorry if I offended and I rightly acknowledge that this forum isn't the place to discuss theological matters. 

Posts 33452
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 24 2010 12:24 AM

Chris:
Once again, I'm sorry if I offended

I assure you I was not offended ... but since I am often the one to step in when a thread becomes heated, I felt obligated to call people out on this thread. There are some posters who are sensitive saying "why did you call me out and not ...." Somehow, the latter don't respond well to a "well, they were reasonable but you're a rude, crude, bigoted, ignorant, name-calling idiot" Okay, I will admit I've not run into anyone on the forums who would actually be able to live up to that list.Big Smile

Posts 12
James Lagger | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 24 2010 1:59 AM

Can anyone recommend a website or message board  where these types of discussions can be participated in? It is very interesting to hear the various debates on theological and contemporary issues within the church. I realize this is not the forum but I'm sure there are many good ones on the net. Thanks in advance. 

Posts 611
Graham Owen | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 24 2010 3:33 AM

Michael G. Halpern:
Maybe someone could suggest some great Logos resources we could search through and study to come to our own conclusions as to whether Evangelicalism is a mess or not according to Scripture...at least until Logos gives us a forum to discuss personal theological debate.

At the risk of sounding over simplistic, the Logos resource that you need for this is the Bible!

I love all of the other resources but I think that we sometimes forget that the Bible is the inspired word of God and is our best source for truth.

God Bless

Graham

Pastor - NTCOG Basingstoke

Posts 2992
Forum MVP
Jacob Hantla | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 24 2010 12:52 PM

Roger:

Jacob Hantla:
For those who have MacArthur's commentary series, you may be missing his recently released 1-3 John Commentary. It is in the running at http://www.logosmarchmadness.com/. It's in column 4.

It has my vote!

It's in last place in round 3 on column 4. Let's get the vote out!

Jacob Hantla
gbcaz.org

Page 2 of 2 (32 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS