Exegetical guide Commenatry not shown

Page 1 of 1 (12 items)
This post has 11 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 38
Tim Wing Yam | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Mar 16 2017 10:13 PM

Hi

I am using the exegetical guide to study Acts 2:2.

When I look up the lemma, I can see a few commentaries in the result.

But the following commentary which is in my library does not appear in the result: Eckhard J. Schnabel, Acts, Expanded Digital Edition., Zondervan Exegetical Commentary on the New Testament (Grand Rapids, MI: Zondervan, 2012), Ac 2:22.

Somehow the search engine seems to have missed the commentary.

How can this be resolved please? 

Tim

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 17 2017 1:50 AM

Tim Wing Yam:
When I look up the lemma, I can see a few commentaries in the result.

Screen shot would be helpful to illustrate issue. Logos wiki has => Screenshot

Tim Wing Yam:
But the following commentary which is in my library does not appear in the result: Eckhard J. Schnabel, Acts, Expanded Digital Edition., Zondervan Exegetical Commentary on the New Testament (Grand Rapids, MI: Zondervan, 2012), Ac 2:22.

Is this commentary included in search results for:

(<Lemma = lbs/el/ἦχος> OR ἦχος) WITHIN {Milestone <Ac2.1-4>}

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 38
Tim Wing Yam | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 17 2017 6:50 AM

Yes, the commentary is included in the search results for (<Lemma = lbs/el/ἦχος> OR ἦχος) WITHIN {Milestone <Ac2.1-4>}.

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 17 2017 12:09 PM

Tim Wing Yam:

Yes, the commentary is included in the search results for (<Lemma = lbs/el/ἦχος> OR ἦχος) WITHIN {Milestone <Ac2.1-4>}.

Search is a work around for Lemma in Passage not including commentary; now know of three commentaries not included for Acts 2:2 => 7.5 RC 1 Bug ? Lemma in Passage missing Commentaries ?

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 3049
LogosEmployee
Tommy Ball | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 17 2017 12:21 PM

Hi Tim,

Thank you for posting about this? Can you post the Support info for Acts, Expanded Digital Edition?  Tap the 'i' icon in the top right-corner of the resource. Scroll to the bottom. Paste the information under "support info" to a reply message here. 

Posts 38
Tim Wing Yam | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 17 2017 2:41 PM

LLS:EXEGCOMMACTS
2016-09-19T17:07:55Z
EXEGCOMMACTS.logos4

Posts 3049
LogosEmployee
Tommy Ball | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 20 2017 3:34 PM

The resource doesn't appear at all? Have you click the "more" option under the list? Does it appear when you do the same search in the Passage Guide? If the answers to those questions are "no" respectively, please reindex the commentary in question, and if that does not work reindex your library.

You can reindex the one resource by typing reindex Acts: Expanded into the command bar at the top (see image below), and choosing the option to reindex that resource in the drop down. 

If it still doesn't appear, feel free to reindex your library over night. See the "Troubleshooting" section here

Edit:

I may have misunderstood where you are expecting to see the commentary appear. If you're expecting the commentary to appear under a lemma in the "Lemma in Passage" section of the Exegetical Guide then I think KS4J's is good one, as it's possible the data for this resource hasn't made it to the servers which power this feature; otherwise, can you clarify where you are hoping to see the commentary in question listed?

Posts 38
Tim Wing Yam | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 20 2017 6:45 PM

When I look up the word "προφητεύω" (Acts 2:17) under lemma in passage. I should see "Eckhard J. Schnabel, Acts, Expanded Digital Edition., Zondervan Exegetical Commentary" on the list, but it is not shown.

The word is clearly explained in the commentary:

The verb translated as “prophesy” (προφητεύω) denotes 1. to proclaim an inspired revelation (“prophesy”); 2. to tell about something that is hidden from view (“tell, reveal”); 3. to foretell something that lies in the future (“foretell, prophesy”). 

Eckhard J. Schnabel, Acts, Expanded Digital Edition., Zondervan Exegetical Commentary on the New Testament (Grand Rapids, MI: Zondervan, 2012), Ac 2:17.

The commentary appears under the passage guide.

Posts 1419
LogosEmployee

Thanks for the report. This is a problem with the data on our servers. I've created a case to get this fixed up for this resource and others with the same problem.

Posts 1419
LogosEmployee

We've updated the data on our servers, and you should now see results from "Acts, Expanded Digital Edition" (and possibly other resources which were fixed as well).

Posts 38
Tim Wing Yam | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 14 2017 8:13 PM

Hi

I am using the Exegetical guide for a verse in OT, the lemma in passage has an error "Failed to load".

It works for NT, but not the OT.

Does anyone know why?

Thanks.

Tim

Posts 18037
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 15 2017 12:09 AM

Tim Wing Yam:

I am using the Exegetical guide for a verse in OT, the lemma in passage has an error "Failed to load".

It works for NT, but not the OT.

Please see my response in the thread you started on this

Let's continue the discussion there.

Page 1 of 1 (12 items) | RSS
Copyright 1992-2015 Faithlife / Logos Bible Software.