March Madness Offerings?

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 677
Robert Peters | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Mar 17 2017 8:36 AM

Is anybody else disappointed at some of the offerings of march madness? I understand that it is up to logos which resources they plan to offer,.... The only reason I voted for Piper was to get his sermon archive for cheaper. I also wanted some of Bocks resources, but very few seem to be offered. Makes me wonder if they plan to offer keller's sermon archive. 

Posts 259
scooter | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 17 2017 8:42 AM

I think we as customers would enjoy voting more if, in advance, we knew which works will be pulling each contestant's sleigh into and through the contest.

Posts 824
Dale E Heath | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 17 2017 8:50 AM

I just got an email from my rep as I was moaning about Baker & Thomas Nelson publishers. He said they are all negotiated well in advance. It seems they would select the authors with the most books the publishers would agree to discount. Perhaps they only discount certain books at each level. If MacArthur had gotten to the 50% discount, perhaps his commentaries might have not been available? Perhaps they only offer books that are in base packages? Other than the MacArthur commentaries, I've only gotten 5 additional books that are on sale. We'll probably never know the answers. I'm happy with the sale, just a little (maybe more) greedy.Stick out tongue

Dale Heath

Posts 3556
Forum MVP
PetahChristian | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 17 2017 8:52 AM

If they offered all of an author's works for sale now, there would be less interest from us regarding future sales, and less profit for them because fewer people would have to pay regular price.

Everything eventually goes on sale. When we can afford to wait, we wait for the sale. If we absolutely need it now, we pay the regular price.

I think it's easy for us to be disappointed when things don't go our way, but we can choose to be thankful. I don't want to wonder if something I want won't be offered. I'll hope that it is, but hope that I will also be content if it is not offered. God is always good, and He knows what we need.

Dale E Heath:
Perhaps they only discount certain books at each level.

I think so too. They probably are limited from offering certain resources at steeper discounts.

My top three Logos 9 Wishlist items: Carta, Dark mode, and Hebrew audio bible, please.

Posts 2391
Ronald Quick | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 17 2017 9:01 AM

I was surprised to see the MacArthur commentaries on sale and plan on picking up the handful that I need to complete the set.  Although I would like to see them discounted more, I don't know if they will be offered next year or not, so I plan on getting them this year. 

There's not many other resources that interest me, just a few.  But I figure that's because of the size of my library.  If I were a new Logos user I'd probably feel differently.

Posts 2200
GaoLu | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 17 2017 11:13 AM

There is a LOT of good stuff at good discounts.  Trouble is, I have most of the best already.  The fact that it is so good is why I already have it.  But there are some more over which I am drooling.

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS