All CAPS in the Reference Box for Slides in the Media Tool

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
This post has 7 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 24
David Lemmons | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Mar 21 2017 6:20 AM

First, I am VERY thankful for the Media Tool! Great help! Smile. However, is it necessary for the Bible Book ALWAYS to be rendered in ALL CAPS. I do not like that at all and so with each and every Scripture slide I use, I have to switch to a different Style. It would be amazing if it were possible within the Media Tool to save a style. Every time I create a Scripure slide, I must put my cursor into the Reference Text Box, and change the style to avoid all-capping the Bible Book Name in the Reference Box. Slows things down considerably!

Posts 2631
LogosEmployee
Philana R. Crouch | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 21 2017 8:57 AM

David,

What slide template are you trying to use?

Blessings,

Philana

Posts 2631
LogosEmployee
Philana R. Crouch | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 21 2017 10:20 AM

David,

To follow up with an example:

The template I'm using below does not have the book of the Bible in ALL CAPS:

Posts 24
David Lemmons | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 21 2017 7:22 PM

I am using RED BIBLE REFERENCE. Even though the reference is not ALL CAPS in the text box, it is ALL CAPS on the slide itself, until I change the style to: Enhanced White.

Posts 2631
LogosEmployee
Philana R. Crouch | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 22 2017 9:07 AM

Hi David,

Here is the template Red Bible Reference when it is blank. The Reference, which is the style for the Bible book, is in ALL CAPS. Is the Media Tool showing you something different? Do you mean that the text box where you enter the reference is not in ALL CAPS? That is expected. 

Posts 24
David Lemmons | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 22 2017 11:59 AM

Hi Philana,

No. I am referring to making a visual copy of a verse from one of the Bibles in Logos. The blank template you show is not what shows up, rather a formatted one. I tried to insert a screenshot, but I guess I don't know how to do that. When I hit VISUAL COPY, I am taken to the Media Tool with a slide already created, with a workspace on the left with a box for the Bible Text and a box for the Bible Reference. In the left working space the Bible Reference is NOT in ALL CAPS, but in the actual slide, it is. I do not want it to be in ALL CAPS, so I always place my cursor into the Bible Reference box on the left and change the style to one that does not use ALL CAPS for the name of the Bible Book. The Red Bible Reference Template, I guess, shows up because that is the one I always use. I like everything about it except the captilization of the Bible Book in the reference box.

Posts 2631
LogosEmployee
Philana R. Crouch | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 22 2017 1:50 PM

David Lemmons:

In the left working space the Bible Reference is NOT in ALL CAPS, but in the actual slide, it is. 

David,

The left working space (Reference text box) starts out with whatever the default style is for that template, not the text box itself. You can change the style, but it will always start out with whatever the default template is. That is how these templates are designed to work.

Blessings,

Philana

Posts 24
David Lemmons | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 22 2017 2:34 PM

OK. Thanks! Still wish I could save the style I like, but maybe that will come someday.

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS