Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 1
Paul Millard | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Mar 21 2017 7:36 AM

In our recent service we had to videos set to play through Proclaim.  They would play fine when just looking at the Laptop, but there was issues with lagging when coming through the projector.  So the video was 2-3 seconds behind the audio.  It is strange that it works fine when not been sent to a projector.  It was connected via HDMI cable.

Thanks

Posts 3501
LogosEmployee
Scott Alexander | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 21 2017 8:55 AM

Paul, we have heard reports like this when Proclaim is connected to a TV. The fix is usually related to an audio setting in the TV itself. Does the audio lag when playing video from other sources (e.g. QuickTime), or just Proclaim?

Posts 2
Jeff Geske | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jul 23 2017 10:31 AM

Hi Scott,

We also had a similar problem this morning. We have just recently begun using Proclaim, and we have our laptop connected to a projector via HDMI cable. There were two song videos, and both worked fine during the pre-service practice. However, during the service the first video began to lag, and by the end of the song (roughly 4 minutes), the words were probably 10-15 seconds slower than the music. The second video played normally both during practice and during the service, and it was shown about 30 seconds after the first video.

You made reference to an audio setting for TVs. Is there a similar setting for projectors? I'm happy to check that, but I seriously doubt that that's the problem. We have used this laptop/projector combination for years, showing videos from a variety of sources, and this is the first time we have seen this type of lag.

Any help or insight would be appreciated.

Posts 144
LogosEmployee
Christian Villapando | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 25 2017 12:50 PM

Hello Jeff,

Thank you very much for the post. I'm not quite sure if this setting will be available in projectors but I would recommend looking around and seeing if there's similar verbiage to the audio setting. I would recommend trying around some settings and testing by playing a video using Windows Media Player and seeing if the lag continues with WMP. 

Posts 2
Jeff Geske | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 25 2017 5:07 PM

Hi Christian,

I appreciate your reply to my post. I'm not sure what audio/video settings you are talking about, since the original reply by Paul mentions an audio setting but there was no detail as to what that setting would be. What setting are you referring to when you say "not quite sure if this setting will be available"?

Regarding WMP, as I already explained in my post, we have been using the laptop and projector for years playing videos using a variety of software and we have never had this type of video lag. The fact that we played two videos two times each on Sunday and experienced the lag only one time indicates to me that it is a video processing issue within the Proclaim software. If it is indeed a problem with Proclaim, do I need to open a support ticket somehow?

Thanks, Jeff

Posts 3501
LogosEmployee
Scott Alexander | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 26 2017 11:16 AM

Jeff, I don't expect this lag is a Proclaim specific issue. When these type of issues crop up we usually start eliminating/testing variables like signal converters, cables, and even the video itself. Proclaim uses Windows Media Player internally so testing WMP directly is a useful troubleshooting step. WMP may have different issues than other video playback solutions you've used in the past. Similar reports are very infrequent so with a little troubleshooting I'm optimistic that it's something we can resolve. 

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS