Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
This post has 10 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 177
Andrew Zoll | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Mar 22 2017 8:18 AM

I'm interested in examining for myself what appears to be the divine name in NT. I am trying to find all instances of the Greek lemma κύριος in the nominative, masculine, singular without an article. I am yielding some unexpected results.

Below is a capture of my screen. Can anyone help me out with what I'm doing wrong here?

💻MacBook Pro (15-inch 2018) | 2.9 GHz i9 6 core | 32GB RAM | Radeon Pro Vega 20 4 GB Graphics | 1TB SSD💻
💾MacOS Catalina 10.15 Beta (19A4871)💾
🎁Logos 7 Portfolio🎁
⌨Logos 7 Extended Feature Set⌨
🌐Logos Now🌐

Posts 351
LogosEmployee
Adam Borries (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 22 2017 9:15 AM

I can replicate this. We'll look into it. 

Adam Borries | Product Manager, Logos desktop application

Message me on Faithlife.com >>

Posts 177
Andrew Zoll | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 22 2017 9:23 AM

Adam Borries (Faithlife):

I can replicate this. We'll look into it. 

Excellent! Thanks, Adam!

💻MacBook Pro (15-inch 2018) | 2.9 GHz i9 6 core | 32GB RAM | Radeon Pro Vega 20 4 GB Graphics | 1TB SSD💻
🎁Logos 7 Portfolio🎁
🌐Logos Now🌐

Posts 2577
LogosEmployee
Philana R. Crouch | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 22 2017 9:33 AM

Hi Andrew, 

We do have a case open for this and the team is investigating it.

Posts 24852
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 22 2017 4:08 PM

Andrew Zoll:
Can anyone help me out with what I'm doing wrong here?

When the problem with alignment of results is fixed (I think it is due to the recently updated SBLGNT) your query needs modification to return all anarthrous instances.

Search Span: 1 Verse --> matches will be found within one verse; similar to Bible Search. 1 Segment = 1 Word, so your query couldn't properly compare the article in combination with kurios!

Span: 2 Segments = Proximity from + Add relation ---> articles adjacent to kurios will be rejected. Note that text with "article word kurios" will be returned as the article is outside the span of 2 words/segments; you need a Span of 3 Segments to have it rejected.

In Order  --> ensures that articles following kurios will be ignored.

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 24852
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 22 2017 5:06 PM

Dave Hooton:
Note that text with "article word kurios" will be returned as the article is outside the span of 2 words/segments; you need a Span of 3 Segments to have it rejected.

This worthwhile doing as nine results are rejected

If the article and noun have the same Case, Number, and Gender they will be related, so the Agreement will ensure that the article is rejected in that scenario due to the effect of not Exists. Conversely, it retains the article if it is not related.

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 177
Andrew Zoll | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 22 2017 9:53 PM

Dave Hooton:

Dave Hooton:
Note that text with "article word kurios" will be returned as the article is outside the span of 2 words/segments; you need a Span of 3 Segments to have it rejected.

This worthwhile doing as nine results are rejected

If the article and noun have the same Case, Number, and Gender they will be related, so the Agreement will ensure that the article is rejected in that scenario due to the effect of not Exists. Conversely, it retains the article if it is not related.

Thanks for all your help. I don't quite understand the "why" of this tool quite yet, but I'm trying to learn. I appreciate all of the information. Eventually, I'm sure this will lead to full understanding of this document type. 

🎁Logos 7 Portfolio🎁
🌐Logos Now🌐

Posts 24852
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 22 2017 10:49 PM

Andrew Zoll:
Eventually, I'm sure this will lead to full understanding of this document type. 

The fact that you have the article and kurios in adjacent columns of the query does not mean they have to be adjacent in the text. A span of 2 (consecutive) words ensures that, whilst a span of 3 words means that article and kurios must be within any 3 consecutive words/segments.

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 177
Andrew Zoll | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 23 2017 11:45 AM

Dave Hooton:

Andrew Zoll:
Eventually, I'm sure this will lead to full understanding of this document type. 

The fact that you have the article and kurios in adjacent columns of the query does not mean they have to be adjacent in the text. A span of 2 (consecutive) words ensures that, whilst a span of 3 words means that article and kurios must be within any 3 consecutive words/segments.

That does help to clear it up. Thanks for the info, Dave!

🎁Logos 7 Portfolio🎁
🌐Logos Now🌐

Posts 2577
LogosEmployee
Philana R. Crouch | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 24 2017 10:37 AM

Andrew Zoll:

I'm interested in examining for myself what appears to be the divine name in NT. I am trying to find all instances of the Greek lemma κύριος in the nominative, masculine, singular without an article. I am yielding some unexpected results.

Below is a capture of my screen. Can anyone help me out with what I'm doing wrong here?

Andrew,

This should be improved.

Posts 2577
LogosEmployee
Philana R. Crouch | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 24 2017 10:37 AM

Andrew Zoll:

Andrew,

This should be improved.

Page 1 of 1 (11 items) | RSS