Collating specials, monthly sales, and ect

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
This post has 6 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 19
David Emme | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Mar 23 2017 6:49 AM

When looking through the specials and new monthly sales, one thing I begin to notice, I get annoyed looking at all the items I already own and really prefer not to see them at all. So when signed in when it shows those items grayed out, my suggestion would be instead of showing them grayed out, why just not show them at all because it would save a lot of time looking through quite a bit to see what is available to me for sale.

Here is the mutual advantage to both Logos and the customer:

1. Saves the customer time

2. Generates more sales because the customer is spending more time considering what is available to them instead of paging through countless number of items they might already own.

That is what I do. I currently own 18328 books and am sure there are others who dwarf my collection yet others who might not come close but still own a sizable number of books running through the same situation. Sometimes the grayed out feature is great. Other times, I would just like to consider what I do not own available to be purchased. Looking through ten pages of stuff that I already own gets tiresome and I quit. That is lost revenues and profits that cannot be captured in how much is lost (just got my shiny brand new business degree with a SCM concentration-works in marketing too.)

Posts 21867
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 23 2017 7:08 AM

Hi David - and welcome to the forums

When browsing resources on logos.com adding the string "&unlocked=no" to your URL will remove resources you own from the display

It would be nice to have a switch but this works for now

Graham

Posts 640
Jim | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 24 2017 1:53 PM

Graham Criddle:
When browsing resources on logos.com adding the string "&unlocked=no" to your URL will remove resources you own from the display

Not very user friendly.

Have a great day,
jmac

Posts 755
Josh Hunt | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 24 2017 3:08 PM

i would be nice if this were user selectable

Posts 9078
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 24 2017 5:32 PM

Josh Hunt:

i would be nice if this were user selectable

Agreed, and easy enough to implement by putting it on the existing Narrow Your Results panel.

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 259
scooter | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 24 2017 6:11 PM

Mark Smith:
easy enough to implement by putting it on the existing Narrow Your Results panel.

I like this idea!!

Posts 19
David Emme | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 27 2017 10:04 AM

Graham,

Works like a champ!

Still like my suggestion though!

Thanks

Dave

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS