$90 CP Bid (Reg. $559.99) Mobile Ed. NT362 Exegetical Study: Hebrews

Page 1 of 4 (61 items) 1 2 3 4 Next >
This post has 60 Replies | 6 Followers

Posts 499
SteveHD | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Mar 23 2017 6:18 PM

Mobile Ed: NT362 Exegetical Study: Letter to the Hebrews

https://www.logos.com/product/137103/mobile-ed-nt362-exegetical-study-letter-to-the-hebrews

Instructor: David A. deSilva

Video Hours: 15

Reg.: $559.99 but on community pricing the bid at post time is $90.00 (maybe $80.00 if people will bid). The low end has been getting reduced once there are more people showing interest.

These are not going up and I think we can drive them to even lower pricing. Yes, I have any older post that seems to have done little good is at http://community.logos.com/forums/p/136897/891388.aspx#891388. Hope these do not end up cancelled.

Posts 1022
Keith Pang | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 23 2017 7:27 PM

I placed a bid on this too. 

Shalom, in Christ, Keith. Check out my music www.soundcloud.com/kpang808

Posts 514
Gordon Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 24 2017 2:06 AM

Yes

Posts 943
Everett Headley | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 24 2017 8:07 AM

Aside from different teachers, what would this $90 class have over this free one:

https://www.biblicaltraining.org/hebrews/george-guthrie 

Posts 478
Rodney Phillips | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 24 2017 8:15 AM

Are all their classes free?  Never heard of this site.. Will check it out..

Thanks!

Posts 611
Dave Thawley | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 24 2017 8:45 AM

Hi Everett

I listen to a lot of audio and video from a lot of different sources, some are good and some are not and I will never stop looking for additional resources so thanks for this.

I appreciate the mobile Ed. from logos though because it integrates into the library I have and therefore gets my logos library integrated into me as it were. As well as the lectures themselves we also get suggested readings from our libraries for each video. I have a few of Mobile Ed and I am really glad I invested. I think if all the book studies are as good as Ezekiel they will be well worth it - especially at the price they are being offered for. I appreciate the Ezekiel course because although Block is (imho) fantastically knowledgeable, the additional readings also show the competing views on some of the more contentious issues.  Each course I have followed has been solid and I'm very happy I invested some of my life earning the money to pay for the course which I believed has saved me more time in presenting to me great and diverse reading plans - just my opinion of course and I guess others will have different experiences.

I lumped in $120 as soon as I saw this go out on CP because even at that price it would most probably have been well worth it. 

Posts 943
Everett Headley | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 24 2017 2:06 PM

Rodney Phillips:

The entirety of the site is free, and more are added.

Posts 611
Dave Thawley | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 24 2017 3:18 PM

Everett Headley:

Rodney Phillips:

The entirety of the site is free, and more are added.

Thanks for the heads up on this site Everett

Posts 499
SteveHD | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 24 2017 5:23 PM

Big blue box you would have to ignore on the front page "BiblicalTraining relies solely on the generosity of our users. Please donate to keep our classes free."

Posts 882
Justin Gatlin | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 24 2017 8:50 PM

Since most BT courses offer transcripts, you can make personal books. In terms of content, they are usually of a higher quality than Mobile Ed, but lack the Logos mini-tutorials, suggested reading, etc.

Posts 611
Dave Thawley | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 25 2017 9:51 AM

Justin Gatlin:

Since most BT courses offer transcripts, you can make personal books. In terms of content, they are usually of a higher quality than Mobile Ed, but lack the Logos mini-tutorials, suggested reading, etc.

I disagree with this statement. Mobile Ed is more that the videos. If you look at  a Mobile Ed. course in its totality then they are of very high quality as well as being more in depth. 

Posts 943
Everett Headley | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 25 2017 9:59 AM

Dave Thawley:

I disagree with this statement. Mobile Ed is more that the videos. If you look at  a Mobile Ed. course in its totality then they are of very high quality as well as being more in depth. 

Actual quality of the videos and transcripts is neglible IMO.  The actual content is very subjective, but I have not been impressed with the few MobileEd I have tried.

When you factor in price, I think its a no brainer who wins.  That's why I asked earlier above what would entice me to spend $90 on the Logos version?  Integration? Hardly.  

Posts 611
Dave Thawley | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 25 2017 10:17 AM

Everett Headley:

Actual quality of the videos and transcripts is neglible IMO.  The actual content is very subjective, but I have not been impressed with the few MobileEd I have tried.

When you factor in price, I think its a no brainer who wins.  That's why I asked earlier above what would entice me to spend $90 on the Logos version?  Integration? Hardly.  

I guess its horse's for courses as we say in the UK :-)  It depends on what we value and how we learn I suppose. I think with everything the quality of different modules varies. I've really learned a lot from larger Mobile Ed. modules I've progressed though and from the overall review score of the modules I think a lot of people benefit from them.  If it were just the videos and  transcript then perhaps the value is dubious but it is the inrgrated readings that give the courses there value imo.  At the end of the day Mobile Ed is available for those that want it as are the free videos listed above, as are the multitude of other resources that we can use. For me its not a winner or loser situation as I will most probably progress though both module and get many different views -) I am going to progress the KI module on Hebrews soon as well. I think Chuck goes pretty deep as well  :-) 

Posts 3190
Forum MVP
PetahChristian | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 25 2017 1:10 PM

Everett Headley:
When you factor in price, I think its a no brainer who wins.

There's no such thing as a free lunch:

• First, donations paid to create the existing "free" content. Without those prior donations, you wouldn't have those courses.
  • Second, donations pay to create their new content. If they don't get enough donations, they can't produce new courses.
  • Third, donations help cover the cost of hosting their site and streaming their "free" videos.

There's a price for them. When people watch for free, it costs them money. If their "free" course is worth more than $0 and people can afford to donate, I hope they will! Cool

As for whether the "free" courses are better than the Mobile Ed courses, that is obviously subjective.

Let's just be thankful that there are many different opportunities that God provides to learn about the Bible! Smile

Posts 882
Justin Gatlin | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 25 2017 10:33 PM

Dave Thawley:

Justin Gatlin:

Sorry forge lack of clarity. When I said content, I meant the video content, which is pretty consistently less in depth (and often, subjectively, the MobileEd lecturers are not as engaging, with the notable exception of Moo). I intended to exclude the value of the integrated reading by the end of my sentence. Personally, not having the BT readings linked is a negligible difference for me, but I can see how the convenience of Mobile Ed adds value for some people.

Posts 1388
Rick Ausdahl | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Mar 26 2017 7:02 AM

Everett Headley:

Aside from different teachers, what would this $90 class have over this free one:

https://www.biblicaltraining.org/hebrews/george-guthrie 

I have several Mobile Ed courses but have no experience with the BT site, so I took a quick look at the site and from what I can see, while some of the courses I pulled up have video, others are audio only unless I'm doing something wrong that prevents me seeing the video on those.  So I'm curious if it is correct that some are audio only and if so, I'm wondering if anyone experienced with the site could venture a guess as to what percentage of the courses have video.

NOTE: I've purchased several more Mobile Ed courses (including this one on Hebrews) than I ever anticipated, although only when on sale and usually only when the sale is better than 30% off.  I would love to have more but simply can't afford them otherwise.  As with any product or resource, I find some courses better than others, but overall, I have no complaint about the quality of the material and I do like having the courses in Logos.  But unless Faithlife is able to lower the cost of the courses (my problem, not theirs) I know I won't begin to be able to go through all the courses I'd like to, hence my interest in the BT site.

Posts 499
SteveHD | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 28 2017 5:35 PM

This now has the option to chose to bid $70.00

Maybe we can get this done yet.

Posts 685
Kevin A Lewis | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 3 2017 10:51 AM

Great offer - seems to have slowed - need more people on this one! Kevin

Posts 611
Dave Thawley | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 3 2017 4:59 PM

Looking forward to it. still working though OT317 which came out at a great price as well so i'm hoping this will arrive before I finish :-)

Posts 1699
JoshInRI | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 3 2017 7:32 PM

Mine says $90.  Pass.  Everett...I checked out that site and you are my hero...thanks!

Page 1 of 4 (61 items) 1 2 3 4 Next > | RSS