$90 CP Bid (Reg. $559.99) Mobile Ed. NT362 Exegetical Study: Hebrews

Page 2 of 4 (61 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 Next >
This post has 60 Replies | 6 Followers

Posts 610
Dave Thawley | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 6 2017 5:12 AM

This could possibly go for $70 (although I bid when it came out for $120 because it would be cheap at that price :-)) 

Posts 511
Gordon Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 6 2017 5:55 AM

Dave Thawley:

This could possibly go for $70 (although I bid when it came out for $120 because it would be cheap at that price :-)) 

I'm trying to do the math on this resource at its current ($90) CP price point. It's about 84% off, right? 84%!

The March Madness winner's resources 'only' get 70% off!

And, as you point out Dave, the price of this Mobile Ed Hebrews CP will fall even lower if more people choose to order it.

Posts 499
SteveHD | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 22 2017 8:35 PM

A little progress.

Posts 943
Everett Headley | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Apr 23 2017 7:52 AM

Gordon Jones:

Dave Thawley:

I'm trying to do the math on this resource at its current ($90) CP price point. It's about 84% off, right? 84%!

The March Madness winner's resources 'only' get 70% off!

And, as you point out Dave, the price of this Mobile Ed Hebrews CP will fall even lower if more people choose to order it.

It is still $90, for an unaccredited class.

Posts 40
Mac | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Apr 23 2017 5:42 PM

Another good site: https://www.covenantseminary.edu/

Posts 610
Dave Thawley | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 24 2017 5:03 PM

credited or unaccredited inst important to me :) what is important is quality and depth. $90 for this will most probably one of the best value deals I will ever get. I realize mobile Ed isn't for everyone but I think they are great :-) 

Posts 610
Dave Thawley | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 24 2017 5:06 PM

Mac:

Another good site: https://www.covenantseminary.edu/

This does look good but at $500 per sem. hr its out of my price range :-( 

Posts 40
Mac | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 26 2017 8:40 PM

No, some Covenant seminary courses are free, look at the resource page

https://www.covenantseminary.edu/resources/

Mac

Posts 40
Mac | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 26 2017 8:48 PM

ITune University has many free courses too: 

e.g

Dallas Theological Seminary http://www.dts.edu/itunesu/

Reformed Theological Seminary http://itunes.rts.edu/

Gordon Conwell seminary https://itunes.apple.com/us/course/church-history-i/id598271829

Fuller Theological Seminary https://itunes.apple.com/us/itunes-u/ot501-pentateuch/id380159249?mt=10

Posts 40
Mac | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 26 2017 8:50 PM

but there free courses are not linked to resources in Logos. I think the best thing about Mobile Ed.is that they are linked to resources in logos and worth the cost of the Mobile Ed. course.

Posts 511
Gordon Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 3 2017 7:54 AM

Dave Thawley:

what is important is quality and depth. $90 for this will most probably one of the best value deals I will ever get. I realize mobile Ed isn't for everyone but I think they are great :-) 

Yes

Posts 610
Dave Thawley | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 3 2017 3:55 PM

Thanks Mac for the links here. I'll have a look at them for sure,

I agree with you regarding mobile Ed in that the most useful feature is their linking into our resources. I love the additional readings offered which can show differing views of some of the more complex issues :-) 

Posts 511
Gordon Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 4 2017 2:24 PM

There is now a Logos Blog post about this course which includes an interview with the lecturer, Dr David de Silva:

http://blog.logos.com/2017/05/solving-puzzle-hebrews-interview-david-de-silva

Posts 499
SteveHD | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 6 2017 4:33 PM

This one is also soooo close. Then we just need to get more folks to help drive it down even more.

Posts 912
David Carter | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 9 2017 7:47 PM

This is really REALLY close now! Just a couple more $90 bids will surely take it over the line

Posts 4751
David Paul | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 10 2017 1:13 AM

I think it would be a crime for this to cross over at $90. Not because that isn't a good deal--maybe it is, though I definitely won't bite at that price. It is a crime because this could VERY EASILY close for around $40. A few years back when the first mEd course was offered on CP (Witherington's Gospel of John course), I helped push the price down from about $110 to nearly $40. This one can follow the same route, IF PEOPLE WILL FOLLOW INSTRUCTIONS TO MAKE IT HAPPEN. To get this below $50, people need to take an active roll in this CP. Just placing a green bid and then ignoring it until it closes will ruin this and you will flush $50 down the toilet. Don't be that way...save that money and use it to get something else you want in Logos. Setting it and forgetting it is a LOUSY way to do business with CPs.

A couple of other things that will be necessary if this is to close below $50 are:

1) NOT ACTING IN FEAR. Playing it safe is the enemy of getting a great deal. You will need to set your bid in the red zone if you want the best possible price. You WILL have plenty of opportunity to reset your bid to green before this CP closes, but until this CP is 2-3 days from closing, you should constantly choose a red zone price point to keep the price pressure on and encourage others to jump in and help provide even more momentum downward.

Why do you need to keep moving your bid? Because once this CP crosses the line, the clock starts ticking and there is a limited amount of time to push the price lower. If this crosses the line at $70, getting to $50 is almost assured. If it closes at $60 or lower, it might even go below $40. This is the important point...everyone who has bid higher than $70 MUST change their bid to $70 right now. Don't wait. DO IT NOW. You are still guaranteed to get this at $70, because it is very close already. But we want to avoid it closing at $90 at all costs.

2) If you haven't bid on this yet because you (for instance) would only want to get it at $50 or less and you don't see it getting that far, BID $50 ANYWAY, RIGHT NOW. Why? Because it takes big numbers to push the price lower, and every single person who doesn't bid until it has already hit their chosen price IS ACTUALLY KEEPING THE CP FROM REACHING THAT PRICE. 

Also important for people to keep in mind is that the reason I'm encouraging people to "game the system" is because CP WAS DESIGNED TO BE A SYSTEM THAT IS GAMED BY ITS PARTICIPANTS. Bob has said on more than one occasion that he doesn't care if he sells one item for $1000 or a thousand items for $1, just so long as the expense costs of publishing the CP are covered. Each person who takes on the responsibility to actively push the price down is literally making it possible for others who have limited funds to potentially get in on this CP. You are doing a GOOD THING FOR OTHER LOGOS USERS if you take an active role in pushing this price as low as possible. And, of course, you are saving yourself money as well. I know there are Logos users who seem to have no problem paying nose-bleed prices on stuff. But every time those people bid high on a product, they are actively cutting off opportunity for others who are less financially blessed to take advantage of that same opportunity.

One final remark here: I know many people seem to not really understand how CPs work. But I promise you that if you will just follow this thread until this CP closes, you will get an incredible deal. You MUST FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS, though. If you will just do the ultra-simple things I suggest, this will close far lower than you ever expected. When it does, LOTS of people will benefit by your willingness to play along, you included. I got a lot of grief from other forum users when the John CP was active, but I kept predicting that the price would drop and it followed my predictions all the way down to almost $40. This can and will do the same if we all act in unison.

Again, the first critical move is for all of the people who are above $70 to reset their bids to $70 NOW. This not only keeps the CP from closing too soon, but it PROVES to everyone that this approach DOES WORK. When people see the higher $75-$90 price points move away from the closing line, it will convince others who are psychologically timid to jump in and then all we have to do is watch the price drop like a rock. This CP can EASILY close at or even below $40 in 2-3 weeks. If you haven't bid yet, BID AT $50 NOW, even if you want to get it lower, because we need to have a clear peak at that price point to encourage people who won't bid higher that they have a real chance to get this CP at their price.

Finally, we need Logos to do two things. First, they need to move the lowest price to ZERO!!! and leave the highest price at $90. One of the main reasons people don't think it can really close for $5 is because they don't see $5 as an option. This could actually close at that price if we play this right, because TONS of people who have never bought an mEd course will jump in when the price becomes stupid cheap. The main thing that will prevent a final price of $5-10 will be if the current $75+ bidders are too selfish and lazy to keep the clock from starting to tick. If we can get this CP to cross at $50, it could easily close below $20 and even see $10. The key is that EVERYBODY NEEDS TO PLAY ALONG as one team.

When this hits 95% at $50--and that could happen in less than 2 weeks from now--FL needs to promote this CP hard. That will bring in the new flood of bidders who might normally never consider getting an mEd course at regular prices but recognize that the price has gotten too good to pass up. That will cause the price to drop significantly in a short amount of time.

Posts 499
SteveHD | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 10 2017 5:11 AM

For me this is a blessing at this price. Not a crime. Oh and I do not expect to hear my toilet flushing.

Posts 999
Mike Pettit | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 10 2017 7:49 AM

People should bid what they are prepared to pay, if you always bid at half the price and keep lowering the bids nothing would ever reach production. There is a limited pool of bidders, lowballing is killing community pricing.

Posts 4751
David Paul | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 10 2017 8:19 AM

The reason there is a limited pool of bidders is because people have a limited pool of funds. I have a limited pool of funds. But I will get this if the price is below $50 and hundreds of others will, too. It CAN EASILY end up at that price if people will follow the instructions BECAUSE IT HAS HAPPENED BEFORE. When the price of the John CP was over a $100, I said it could get to $60 and people whined and groused. When it was close to $60 I said it could get close to $40, and the whining got louder. It closed at nearly $40, though, despite the nay-saying and desire of many to have it close at a higher price. This isn't a normal CP, because it is NEW material, not musty and dusty public domain retreads. People WILL begin to pile on this CP offering in rapid fashion and this will close in less than a month below $50 and possibly below $30, IF AND ONLY IF people aren't incorrigibly pig-headed about wanting to pay money they could keep in their pockets.

If you decide to follow a program with proven success at lowering CP bids rather than complain about the possibility of saving money, please leave a post saying that you have moved your higher bid to $70--that way others who are doubters and nay-sayers will see that their doubts are unfounded and they will feel more comfortable making a smart decision rather than a safe decision.

Posts 4751
David Paul | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 10 2017 9:26 AM

Let me explain a bit of group psychology here. Most people are only thinking about what they can afford when they place a bid on a CP, and many people won't bother making any bid at all even though they might love to get the resource because the price they feel comfortable paying doesn't seem to have any chance of being reached. On top of that, there is a psychological bug in people's brains that keeps many people from placing a bid in the red zone because they don't know for certain that it will be successful. Many people would rather not bid and avoid a bizarre sense of failure than simply click a low price that may not be successful. That is a self-fulfilling prophecy. The whole reason the incredibly low price isn't achieved is because people refuse to take a chance. People would rather avoid a sense of failure than act in hope.

The problem with only making a one-time bid at your comfort zone and then ignoring it thereafter is that it ignores the group participation dynamic. To get the best possible price, you can't only consider your own mentality; you have to consider the mentality of everyone else, too. Every high bid literally causes others to not bid because they can't imagine their bid being successful. But when those people see the price point getting closer to their comfort zone, they are willing to make a bid. For instance, even though $90 may be a good price for this resource, perhaps only 100 people feel willing to pay that. But 1000 people would be willing to pay $45 for it. That would create a successful price point and save people lots of money, but it won't happen as long as the price looks like it is going to close at $90. The $45 bidders could easily get it at that price in a matter of a few days IF they would just make that bid, but they don't bid that price because the people who are willing to pay more are literally scaring them off of even attempting to make a bid they think is doomed to fail. Lots of people choose to avoid any sense of failure and don't act unless they can be convinced of success. So, what to do? It's actually pretty simple, but people resist it. If you are comfortable bidding a certain relatively high price, but would like to see a lower price, then you need to act in a way that encourages those who can only afford that lower price to jump onto the bandwagon. That not only isn't impossible, but IT HAS BEEN DONE SUCCESSFULLY MORE THAN ONCE. The recipe for success is tried and true...the main obstacle is people who refuse to play even though it is against their own interest. Don't be that person!

Though what I'm saying is true of all CPs in general, it is especially true of these mEd offerings because they are BRAND NEW material. People would LOVE to get these, but they don't think the price will ever get low enough to tickle their consideration, and so they don't bid at all. However, their intransigence CAN be overcome by three things: 1) other bidders openly saying that they are involved in the process of making the price go lower, 2) seeing the price points act in a way that shows people are taking control of the process and CAUSING a much lower price to materialize, and 3) increasingly excited hype over a surprisingly low price. LOTS of people who rarely or never do CPs will decide to get involved here and drive the price to an amazingly low place IF people will just do the things that make that happen.

Again, the naysayers love to rain on the parade, because it helps confirm their pessimism. When they publicly doubt and their doubts cause others to avoid action, they are "proved" to have been right in their pessimism. You can quash that pessimism by simply saying in a post to this thread that you are actively on-board. Every person who says, "I'm willing to play the game" encourages a dozen others who will never post to the forum to play the game, too. The price points will start to move and the excitement of empowerment will generate even more excitement.

If you are above $70, move your bid to $70 NOW. You lose nothing in doing so, since that price is guaranteed to be successful. Once FL lowers the frame and we can see the lower prices, many more people will see the price they like and become more comfortable bidding. If you haven't bid yet, bid $50 NOW. That will create a spike on the chart that encourages others to get involved. $40 is VERY POSSIBLE.

Page 2 of 4 (61 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 Next > | RSS