$140 CP Bid (Reg. $749.99) Mobile Ed. OT312 Book Study: Deuteronomy

Page 3 of 4 (69 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 Next >
This post has 68 Replies | 4 Followers

Posts 4761
David Paul | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 12 2017 8:33 AM

I imagine that some folks weren't aboard the Logos train when the GoJ mEd CP was live, so you may have doubts about the arguments I'm making about getting much lower prices. This thread is one of the primary ones that chronicles that process.

https://community.logos.com/forums/t/86086.aspx

This is no joke, people. If the thought of mEd CPs that close at $20-30 or even lower appeals to you, then change your inertial state and become a part of the solution. Go to this thread and voice your desire to see mEd CPs priced at massively affordable prices right out of the chute.

Posts 754
David A Egolf | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 12 2017 5:32 PM

I bid $90.  I will lower this bid if a lower peak in the price chart appears.  I will also set the "Email me replies to this post." in order to keep track of the progress better.

Posts 499
SteveHD | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 13 2017 5:53 AM

86% off sale.

Bid green so we can see this go into production.

Posts 3191
Forum MVP
PetahChristian | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 13 2017 6:19 AM

SteveHD:
Bid green so we can see this go into production.

I'd rather get this produced for $70 or less even if it take a little longer to get into production.

Unless anyone is in a rush to get this for $105, please consider lower existing bids to $70 to make it more affordable for more people.

Posts 2288
Jan Krohn | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 13 2017 6:49 AM

PetahChristian:

Unless anyone is in a rush to get this for $105, please consider lower existing bids to $70 to make it more affordable for more people.

CP doesn't work like that. Any bid of $105 already counts as $70. We need more new bids at $70 to make it happen.

Past IT Consultant. Past Mission Worker. Entrepreneur. Future Seminary Student.
Why Amazon sucks: Full background story of my legal dispute with the online giant

Posts 10523
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 13 2017 6:52 AM

PetahChristian:
please consider lower existing bids to $70 to make it more affordable for more people.

I understand your sentiment. Unfortunately, rather than lowering the price point, this strategy would probably ensure that the product never goes into production.

Posts 3191
Forum MVP
PetahChristian | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 13 2017 6:57 AM

Jan Krohn:

PetahChristian:

CP doesn't work like that. Any bid of $105 already counts as $70. We need more new bids at $70 to make it happen.

I understand that point. But what lowering the bid does is pull support from $105, to ensure the line isn't crossed at $105 but some other lower peak.

If it crossed at $105, we'd likely never get it at $70 within a few days, but if people can be patient, we can get the price down to $70.

Posts 3191
Forum MVP
PetahChristian | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 13 2017 7:30 AM

Jack Caviness:

PetahChristian:
please consider lower existing bids to $70 to make it more affordable for more people.

I understand your sentiment. Unfortunately, rather than lowering the price point, this strategy would probably ensure that the product never goes into production.

I'm very committed to Mobile Ed, as well as this course. I don't have any desire to see this product never go into production, and I'm not concerned that it won't.

$70 is about 70% there. I do understand the math that you need twice as many people at half the price, but I believe $70 is doable unless it crosses the line at $105 (because we'd run out of time to get enough new bids to drop it that low).

In fact, if you look at what's been happening at $105, it's been losing percentage points because there are people who do want it for less, and have been lowering their bids.

One way or the other, the course will get produced. But the CP price will be based on decisions each of us make. Personally, I'd rather try to get it down a bit more, rather than push it across the line at $105, because that's less money for other things.

I don't want to argue over what anyone should do. I'm just thankful in general for Mobile Ed, and thankful that some of them are on CP.

Posts 2288
Jan Krohn | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 13 2017 8:03 AM

In order to have a final price of $70, the product needs to cross the 100% mark at $70. Removing bids at $105 does'nt have any impact on that.

Past IT Consultant. Past Mission Worker. Entrepreneur. Future Seminary Student.
Why Amazon sucks: Full background story of my legal dispute with the online giant

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 13 2017 8:35 AM

Jan Krohn:
In order to have a final price of $70, the product needs to cross the 100% mark at $70.

Initial 100 % crossing could be followed by more bids that reduces closing (final) price to $ 70.

Jan Krohn:
Removing bids at $105 does'nt have any impact on that.

Reducing higher bids before initial closing allows longer time for 100 % crossing point to be reached (while needing more users to bid).

Current bidding shows a number of $ 140, $ 130, and $ 115 bids so reducing them to $ 95 would change Projected Price to $ 95 that hopefully attracts more bidders:

Current projected price of $ 105 is 86 % discount for 20 hour course.

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 6321
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, May 14 2017 10:50 PM

I'm definitely in now. It's $105...there's plenty of time to lower the price even more!

DAL

Posts 4761
David Paul | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, May 14 2017 11:52 PM

Why????

I can't comprehend why this CP window is framed the way it is. Why is the peak price point CENTERED in the frame, especially when the frame was very recently adjusted so that the peak was moved from the far left edge? It's as if the people who built "the engine" don't understand how it works and seem intent on using it as a paper weight. The price point that shows at the far right edge of the window should be $110, if only to establish that the price falls away from the $105 peak.

Actually, I need to correct myself, because the most recent adjustment DIDN'T EVEN BOTHER MOVING THE PEAK PRICE POINT TO THE CENTER OF THE FRAME. There are 7 price points to the left of the peak (the direction which the bidding trend is straining to reach) and 9 price points to the right. This is beyond absurd, because these right-side price points are less relevant at this point than telegraph machines. If $110 was the right edge price, then the lowest visible bid on the left side would be $30. THIS CP COULD EASILY CLOSE AT THAT PRICE IF CUSTOMERS ONLY HAD THE OPPORTUNITY TO BID AT THAT PRICE.

What gives, FL?? How can customers take comment such as this seriously...

Miles Custis:

We definitely plan on promoting the Mobile Ed community pricing courses going forward.

The more people who order them, the lower the price will be for you!

...when your actions force customers to constantly strain at the leash to get the best possible community price?

PLEASE REMOVE THE LEASH! Every CP that has a peak above 90% should have that price point at the penultimate position on the right, so that customers who want lower prices have opportunity to have their voices heard in the bidding process.

Posts 2910
Tes | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 15 2017 3:14 AM

Friedrich:

JoshInRI:

I am in...trust me I am unemployed right now so I hope it goes even lower for sure.

Hope you are well in what is likely a time of uncertainty. 

As for the cost--I have never asked Logos this, but my assumption is NOT that they cap/limit how low a price is, they just estimate what it will likely go for when they make their range.  If enough sign up, the price can lower, I would think.  I'm all for lowest price possible, too!

Dear Dan, greeting to you . 

Blessings in Christ.

Posts 3191
Forum MVP
PetahChristian | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 15 2017 3:40 AM

David Paul:
If $110 was the right edge price, then the lowest visible bid on the left side would be $30.

Giving customers too many choices can overwhelm them (as well as make it more difficult to lower bids to one specific target). FL probably has experience with this, and might know what they're doing.

Right now, people have 7 choices to the left of the CP. Adding an additional 9 more lower price points only moves us farther away from the optimum number of choices.

Even with the present minimum of $70, there's no agreement to do one specific thing. Everyone has their own idea of what the right bid is for them, and how they should bid. This is an education issue (and a debate), and it's not FL's job to fix that.

Not everyone is going to bid the minimum (whether it is $70 or $30).

• Some are going to bid the CP, because it's a successful (safe) bid to them.
  • Some are not going to lower their bid. In this case, 40% of the bids never got lowered, many from the initial minimum of $180.
  • Some are going to bid somewhere between the minimum and the CP (e.g. $90 or $80) because they aren't aggressive bidders. 
  • Some are going to bid the minimum and hope that we can get 1.5x or 2x or 3x or 3.5x as many bids to create a new minimum CP.

Opening up even more lower bids before $70 peaks may be counter-productive. Lowering the minimum too often (or possibly too much) seems to throw a wrench into the works. If you don't believe that, look at the Hebrews CP. The previous minimum of $80 didn't move up and become a pre-closing peak because $70 (4 total lower choices) became the new minimum before $80 (two lower choices) ever got any traction.

Here are two questions we can discuss.

1. If people aren't lowering bids from $90 or higher to $80, what makes it likely that they'll lower bids to $70 or $30?
  2. How many people are there who wouldn't bid the current $70 minimum, but would bid a $30 minimum? Are they not bidding because the course isn't a good value yet? And if so, do they know that not bidding makes it harder to lower the price?

I suggest that we don't have a community consensus about bidding, even when the current price is centered. What one person sees as productive, another may see as counter-productive.

Whatever the minimum or final price, wherever the current price is located, I'm thankful for the courses that FL produces.

The best we can do is love one another. What does it profit us if we lower the price on a CP, but get frustrated over decisions that FL or others make?

Posts 3173
Whyndell Gizzard | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 15 2017 4:28 AM

Still at $105- from all the hype I hear about Mobile Ed, if this does not get to $65-75- I'll have to reconsider my participation with these products.

If you really think these resources are so great- get behind them in CP, lets reduce the cost for us all.

BID, BID, BID!!

Posts 8
Benjamin Burns | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 16 2017 7:09 AM

PetahChristian:

1. If people aren't lowering bids from $90 or higher to $80, what makes it likely that they'll lower bids to $70 or $30?
  2. How many people are there who wouldn't bid the current $70 minimum, but would bid a $30 minimum? Are they not bidding because the course isn't a good value yet? And if so, do they know that not bidding makes it harder to lower the price?

I just bit the bullet and placed a speculative bid of $70, however I am probably not interested in actually purchasing this course unless it dives down to about $40 or less.

Despite having read and considered the arguments here, and understanding that the only way to lower the price is to bid, there still was a small mental hill to climb in order to place the $70 (an amount I really would not feel comfortable paying).  I am sure that mental hill would be much higher, perhaps even a mountain, for some who are less familiar with the arguments here and/or more set in their ways of conceptualizing the process.

I don't know how many people there are like me, but I would hazard a guess that there are quite a few that fit one or more of the three "categories" that I fall into which make the Mobile Ed courses less of a value to me (n.b. I do still believe they will provide some value and useful insights) than to others here.  Those being:

1. Studied scripture at college or seminary
  2. Of a different faith tradition than the professor of the Mobile Ed course
  3. Relatively poor

The lower the price point can be pushed, and the more that lower price point can be advertised (from being the price point viewed on the CP page, to posts here, to social media, to emails), the more people who fit one or more of these categories will jump on.

Posts 514
Gordon Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 20 2017 4:18 AM

This course is terrific value at it's current price, and if just a few more people place an order then it could cross the finish line as low as $100. That's a discount of $649.99 - wow! :-)

Block is really good and I'm looking forward to learning more about Deuteronomy from him with this resource.

Posts 975
JohnB | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 20 2017 7:32 AM

PetahChristian:
The best we can do is love one another. What does it profit us if we lower the price on a CP, but get frustrated over decisions that FL or others make?

Yes

Posts 10120
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 20 2017 7:50 AM

Benjamin Burns:

PetahChristian:

I just bit the bullet and placed a speculative bid of $70, however I am probably not interested in actually purchasing this course unless it dives down to about $40 or less.

Despite having read and considered the arguments here, and understanding that the only way to lower the price is to bid, there still was a small mental hill to climb in order to place the $70 (an amount I really would not feel comfortable paying).  I am sure that mental hill would be much higher, perhaps even a mountain, for some who are less familiar with the arguments here and/or more set in their ways of conceptualizing the process.

I don't know how many people there are like me, but I would hazard a guess that there are quite a few that fit one or more of the three "categories" that I fall into which make the Mobile Ed courses less of a value to me (n.b. I do still believe they will provide some value and useful insights) than to others here.  Those being:

1. Studied scripture at college or seminary
  2. Of a different faith tradition than the professor of the Mobile Ed course
  3. Relatively poor

The lower the price point can be pushed, and the more that lower price point can be advertised (from being the price point viewed on the CP page, to posts here, to social media, to emails), the more people who fit one or more of these categories will jump on.

4. Don't watch videos.

I'm happy to pay premium for Block. But you couldn't give me a free Block video. $700 or $0. I might survive a minute or so, before trashing it. I have a friend who loves video courses .... but can't survive a minute on a book on the same subject/author. 

Posts 783
Lew Worthington | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 20 2017 9:27 AM

Denise:
4. Don't watch videos.

4.1 Watch videos, but wonder why videos, that surely take much less time to put together than books, cost an order of magnitude more than books.

Yet, it's an interesting delivery system. Although I could (and did, back in the day) teach such classes, these things give my wife and me something to talk about in ways we may not talk about if we read something together or if she listens to me drone for a spell.

Page 3 of 4 (69 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 Next > | RSS