Speaker Style: Sermon Document

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
This post has 6 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 98
Jeremy Writebol | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Mar 25 2017 9:27 AM

What is the "Speaker" drop down in the Sermon Document in 7.5? I can not find any documentation or video examples of this since all the tutorial videos are off of 7.1 and it seems there was some significant upgrade to the Sermon Document feature in the last few updates. 

Posts 21716
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 25 2017 9:37 AM

Jeremy Writebol:
What is the "Speaker" drop down in the Sermon Document in 7.5?

It provides the ability to customise the text in the document - changing the size, adding colours etc

Does that help?

Posts 98
Jeremy Writebol | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 25 2017 9:40 AM

It does Graham... I guess I haven't really played with it a lot to know, so this is good. 

Your initial videos are helpful. 

Posts 21716
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 25 2017 9:42 AM

Jeremy Writebol:
It does Graham... I guess I haven't really played with it a lot to know, so this is good. 

And once speaker styles are applied they are visible on the latest versions of the mobile apps if that is of help to you

Jeremy Writebol:
Your initial videos are helpful. 

ThanksSmile

Posts 98
Jeremy Writebol | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 25 2017 9:45 AM

Is there a significant difference between the Header 1 setting and a Header 2 - I know there is a formatting difference (I know a little CSS) - but does that difference play itself out elsewhere? 

I usually deploy a "Big Idea" manner of preaching using one main big idea and then 2-3 action points. I wonder if the styles may affect that?

Posts 21716
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 25 2017 10:25 AM

Jeremy Writebol:
Is there a significant difference between the Header 1 setting and a Header 2 - I know there is a formatting difference (I know a little CSS) - but does that difference play itself out elsewhere?

If I understand your question correctly its similar in function to different heading levels in word processors such as Word

Jeremy Writebol:
I usually deploy a "Big Idea" manner of preaching using one main big idea and then 2-3 action points. I wonder if the styles may affect that?

It would make sense to use Heading 1 for your main idea and then the action points as Heading 2.

But I may be missing your point!

Posts 98
Jeremy Writebol | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 25 2017 7:38 PM

So here's what I have for tomorrow:  Hope this works well in the pulpit. 

I also wish the bullets, block quote, and illustrations formatting would be identical to the desktop version - but that's my OCD speaking.

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS