Problem displaying some slides in Proclaim

Page 1 of 1 (20 items)
This post has 19 Replies | 5 Followers

Posts 34
Angela Goose | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Mar 25 2017 6:30 PM

This morning we had a problem displaying some slides in Proclaim. The slides were ones where I had added a foreground image to a Proclaim background. The images displayed in the edit mode but not on screen live. We have previously had problems where slides don't display in preview but they have always displayed ok when live. The images were in the media files ok and I got round the problem on the fly by making an image slideshow and adding the images from our group upload in media. It was very strange.

The presentation is called Sunday 26 March 2017. The slides that didn't display were the second one called Aylings - we saw the Proclaim background and the text but no photos of the people. The other slide was one called "Purpose", this was completely blank as it had a black background. As you can see I made slideshows ok of the missing images.

Log files from today are attached.

Posts 3501
LogosEmployee
Scott Alexander | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Mar 26 2017 7:38 AM

Angela, sorry to hear about the issues. Nothing sounds familiar but we'll investigate your presentation further on Monday.

Posts 716
LogosEmployee
Peter June | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 27 2017 10:54 AM

Angela, you can send your log files to proclaimdev@faithlife.com for us to have a look at.

I've been testing out your presentation and haven't been able to reproduce the issue of the foreground images disappearing. I have a couple of questions for you that, in addition to the logs, may help us find out why these didn't display.

• Was the presentation completely synced?
  • Did you resize the foreground images on those slides? If so, when? (e.g. on your home computer, on the church machine before/during service, etc.). I'm curious if these were edited on-air.
  • How frequently do foreground images fail to render for you?
  • Do you have this problem on more than one machine when it does occur?

Thanks in advance.

Posts 34
Angela Goose | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 27 2017 1:18 PM

Hi Peter & Scott

yes, the images on both slides had been resized, the slide with 2 images the resize was done using Proclaim. The slide "purpose" had been resized in Gimp to 1280 x 720 then uploaded as a background image. No further sizing in Proclaim required. I prepared the presentation on my home pc, checked that all the images are showing up on the Faithlife site. The really weird thing was that on the Church pc the images showed fine in the Edit mode it was only in Preview and Live that they didn't show. Unfortunately I have a fairly new person operating the pc and she hadn't realised there was a problem till we actually came to the slides.

In the past we often had problems with syncing png images, but that hasn't happened since the last few updates. That is why I check the presentation in Faithlife before leaving home. On my home pc (laptop) I do get problems where I don't see slides in Preview (not necessarily images) but can see them in either edit or live mode. Sometimes you can see them in the multiple slide view in preview but not in the single slide view, but they have always been fine on the live screen. I had this problem last week for my ladies bible study group (at home)  but I just ignore it as long as I they show up on screen. I use my tv as the projection screen at home.

I will just have to make sure I check slides at church when I arrive not just on Faithlife.

Posts 3501
LogosEmployee
Scott Alexander | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 28 2017 9:08 AM

Angela, please make sure all your machines are running the most recent version of Proclaim. The March 21 update had fixes for some potentially related issues. If you experience the issue again please take screen shots of what you're seeing. Even a pic from a phone will help us figure out what is going on. Additionally please grab the logs using the Help menu before you close Proclaim down and attach to this thread.

Sorry again for the disruption. Thanks for your help in diagnosing this issue.

Posts 34

Hi Scott

Not sure whether I managed to upload a zip file of screenshots (from my phone) or not. I will send them by email as well. Anyway I ensured that the Church pc was updated today with the latest update then went back to look at last Sunday's presentation. I have taken pics of the presentation in Faithlife docs, showing the slides fine with their images. There are also pictures of the slides in Edit mode, again showing the images fine.. Then there is a picture of preview mode - which shows the slides but no images which is what we saw on our big screen on Sunday morning. I also have a log file from today but again not sure if it will attach or not.

Posts 716
LogosEmployee
Peter June | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 31 2017 11:06 AM

Thanks for all your help, Angela. I'm taking a look at this and will get back to you with the results of our investigation.

What's your internet connection speed like? One of our hypotheses is that a slow network could contribute to this problem.

Posts 1
Brad Morehouse | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 1 2017 8:34 PM

We have the same problem. Hummm

Posts 1
Jim D Cherney | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 25 2018 5:07 AM

We also have the same problem.

Posts 329
LogosEmployee
Justin (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 25 2018 1:48 PM

Hi Jim,

Did this just start happening for you?  Also, what are you seeing on the slides?  Is it a checkered background?

Posts 6
Gary Madsen | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Apr 7 2019 11:15 AM

Hi, I am a new user of Proclaim, but I am also having this issue. Everything looks fine in preview and "on air" from the computer (image backgrounds and centered justifiedjfont), but the images from the projectors we are using show black backgrounds, and left justified font.

Posts 601
LogosEmployee
Jordan Sjodin | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Apr 7 2019 12:00 PM

Gary, I'm sorry you were having troubles. If you check your display settings within Proclaim, do you have the slides set to display on your projectors? Almost sounds like you have the confidence monitor on the projectors.

Mac | iOS | Android | Windows | Web Developer 

Posts 6
Gary Madsen | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Apr 7 2019 2:51 PM

Hi Jordan,

Thanks for reaching out! I looked at the settings and do not see a specific box to check for "display" on projectors. In the past, we used confidence monitors, but are currently not. How do I send you a copy of our logs from today?

I really appreciate your help...Thanks!
Gary

Posts 6
Gary Madsen | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Apr 7 2019 2:55 PM

I should mention that I also have the same trouble with the slide that contains the "countdown timer." The time shows on my computer screen, but not the projected screen. I've looked through "settings," and am not able to identify how to change this from happening.

It's probably something simple, and as I am new to the software, hopefully it will be an easy fix.

Thanks!

Gary

Posts 601
LogosEmployee
Jordan Sjodin | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Apr 7 2019 2:56 PM

You can follow the instructions here:

https://support.faithlife.com/hc/en-us/articles/360007374731-How-do-I-submit-log-files-

Posts 601
LogosEmployee
Jordan Sjodin | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Apr 7 2019 2:58 PM

Hmm, it does sound like the wrong output is on the projectors. So if you click identify monitors it should put numbers on all your screens. You want the one that is on the projectors to be set to slides. 

Posts 6
Gary Madsen | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Apr 7 2019 3:07 PM

Thanks!

Posts 6
Gary Madsen | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Apr 7 2019 3:10 PM

Thanks! I checked this setting, and it appears to be set correctly. Another thing that is interesting...I created several slides (ads) for Easter. All of them display on my screen and projector fine except one. One of the slides is like the song slides I created that are not displaying correctly. Could it be the way in which I am importing the backgrounds? Again, the slides look good on my computer display, but not the projected one. 

Posts 329
LogosEmployee
Justin (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 8 2019 9:56 AM

That may be possible, can you send us a screenshot?  Alternatively, shoot me an email to support@faithlife.com with some times where you will be free and around the computer, and I can give you a phone call and we can go through it together.

Posts 6
Gary Madsen | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 8 2019 5:38 PM

Thanks Justin! I sent an email with some times I could be available. Just an FYI - Here are the steps I follow when adding a new item like a song:

1. Select "song" from drop down menu 2. Type song name in "song title" box 3. Select song from list 4. I then "Click" in the box that shows the song lyrics and order and format the song to "center justified." 5. Then from the menu toolbar, I click on "background" "Browse Media" 6. I then scroll through the various backgrounds available, and when I find one I like, I "click on it" and then using the menu on the right side of the screen click "Apply as background." 7. Then I move on to the next item. Again, all of this looks right on my computer monitor, and the computer monitor that the projectors are attached.
Page 1 of 1 (20 items) | RSS