Copying from Cascadia Syntax Graph (Bug?)

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 102
tjebme | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Mar 26 2017 1:58 PM

I'm using the Cascadia Syntax Graphs. I select a word in the graph and choose Copy as shown in screen shot A. I then go over to the syntax search I'm creating and try to paste the word into the Text field as shown in screen shot B. However the paste option is greyed out so I cannot paste the word. I'm using a Mac.

Screen Shot A

Screen Shot B

Posts 26532
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Mar 26 2017 6:44 PM

You have to select the Manuscript word, just below your selection in the Context menu.

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 102
tjebme | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 27 2017 11:07 AM

Thank you, Dave!

Posts 1627
Forum MVP
Veli Voipio | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 27 2017 11:30 AM

tjebme:

Thank you, Dave!

This is really helpful!

Gold package, and original language material and ancient text material, SIL and UBS books, discourse Hebrew OT and Greek NT. PC with Windows 8.1

Posts 102
tjebme | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 27 2017 5:07 PM

Does seem like it should not provide the copy option if it isn't going to copy the data to begin with (in the instance I provided). Dave's work around does the trick for me though and improves my efficiency!

Posts 26532
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 28 2017 3:52 AM

tjebme:
Does seem like it should not provide the copy option if it isn't going to copy the data to begin with (in the instance I provided)

If you paste "your" selection to MS Word you will see it includes all the words highlighted, otherwise the Context menu works as intended; giving access individually to the manuscript, lemma, morphology and gloss. It's like an Interlinear bible except the information is laid out horizontally.

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS