A16 home screen scrolling

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 228
Stephen | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Mar 22 2010 3:52 PM

Maybe I'm wrong but I though in previous releases (14,15) I could 2 finger scroll on my track pad and scroll through the pages on the Home Screen.

Posts 152
Mike Strawn | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 22 2010 4:28 PM

My Two Finger Scrolling is fine on MBP.

Has anyone noticed that the scrolling in general is now slower than A14 - not as fast as A15 - but actually a little sluggish (non-responsive)?

-Mike

Posts 4732
Forum MVP
Mike Binks | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 23 2010 2:34 AM

Hi Mike,

Here are my observations on a 13in Mac Book with wireless mouse attached;

Two finger scrolling from the touch pad is a little non-responsive and the movement is jerky.

Scrolling with the mouse wheel is much smoother and at the right speed (I think the right speed is when I can follow a word in the text up and down the screen without it disappearing in a blur).

Scrolling with the side bar is still way to fast and does not allow you to find a place in the text with any reliability.

Haven't been able to try the magic mouse yet - mine is in the Church office - but Alan has one :-)

I don't seem to be able to get the space bar paging to work - advice anyone?

Tootle pip

Mike 

Posts 1874
Alan Macgregor | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 23 2010 8:30 AM

Mike Binks:

Haven't been able to try the magic mouse yet - mine is in the Church office - but Alan has one :-)

I don't seem to be able to get the space bar paging to work - advice anyone?

1. Magic Mouse a bit slow and jerky. I think Tom may have to tweak the responsiveness just a tad. (Reminds me of setting the timing points on a car distributor, or tuning my guitar. It's a case of fine tuning. Smile)
  2. Spacebar paging is fine. Make sure your cursor is in the page tile you want to scroll! Mine wouldn't work until I clicked within the tile. Tongue Tied

FYI I found the scrolling in A15 was just fine for me.

Every blessing,

Alan

iMac Retina 5K, 27": 4GHz; 16GB RAM;MacOS 10.12.2; 1TB FD; Logos 7

MacBook Air 13.3": 1.8GHz; 4GB RAM; MacOS 10.12.2; 256GB SSD; Logos 7

iPad Pro 32GB WiFi iOS 10.2

iPhone 5s 32GB iOS 10.2

Posts 4732
Forum MVP
Mike Binks | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 23 2010 3:24 PM

Thanks Alan - a couple of clicks and the Space Bar paging started to work.

Tootle pip

Mike

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS