NASB 1995 Metadata Error

Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
This post has 10 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 934
Matthew | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Mar 30 2017 7:32 AM

The citation metadata for this resource has the place of publication as "LaHabra, CA," but it should be "La Habra, CA." The actual text inside the resource itself is correct, but the metadata is not. In the grand scheme of things this is a very insignificant error. The only reason I even point it out is that if it were fixed it would save me (and presumably others) from having to remember to manually add the space every time the NASB is cited. Thanks.

Posts 1707
LogosEmployee
Kyle G. Anderson | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 30 2017 8:07 AM

Thanks. We updated it.

Posts 631
Randall Cue | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 30 2017 8:32 AM

It would be great if we could get the NASB in paragraph form.

Soli Deo Gloria,

Randy

Posts 934
Matthew | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 30 2017 8:38 AM

Randall Cue:
It would be great if we could get the NASB in paragraph form.

Unfortunately such a thing does not exist. The NASB was published with each verse starting a new line. The way the translators indicated when they felt a new paragraph should start is by making the verse number bold (look at verses 1, 3, and 8 in 1 Corinthians 13, for example). When the translators wanted to start a new paragraph in the middle of a verse, they indicated this by bolding the word they thought should start the new paragraph (look at 1 Corinthians 12:31). The Lockman Foundation has been working on an updated text for the last few years. The current target date for release is 2018. We will have to wait and see how they handle paragraphs.

Personally, I would not want Faithlife to invest the time in creating a visual filter to make paragraphs in the 1995 NASB. I would much rather them spend the effort going back and adding the preface and footnotes to the original 1901 ASV.

Posts 934
Matthew | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 30 2017 8:39 AM

Kyle G. Anderson:
Thanks. We updated it.

Thanks a lot Kyle. What a response time! YesCool

Posts 29932
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 30 2017 9:35 AM

Matthew:
Unfortunately such a thing does not exist. The NASB was published with each verse starting a new line.

Actually, it does... kind of. There is a special copyrighted version. The problem is that it would be a new resource, not an improvement to the current one. This would require a new purchase. It would also mean that the new version would not have an RI attached to it. For these reasons, it is highly unlikely to come to Logos. 

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 631
Randall Cue | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 30 2017 11:01 AM

Thanks for replying Alabama. I knew that it existed, but I appreciate your take on why Logos will probably not publish it.

Posts 109
Gavin Murphy | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 16 2017 2:44 PM

Hey Randall, 

Check your NASB95 now Smile

Posts 5905
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 16 2017 4:04 PM

Sad

The Murphys:

Hey Randall, 

Posts 5430
David Paul | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 16 2017 4:55 PM

Disciple of Christ (doc):

Sad

The Murphys:

Hey Randall, 

Sad <---You got that right! Actually, I'm more like Super Angry. Help me out...who do I contact to report a kidnapping? The Feds, right? I also want to report fraud & the impersonation of a useful Bible.

I WANT MY NASB95 BACK! LIKE NORMAL...LIKE BEFORE. EXACTLY LIKE BEFORE.

ASROCK x570 Creator, AMD R9 3950x, HyperX 64gb 3600 RAM, Asus Strix RTX 2080 ti, 2tb m.2 Seagate Firecuda SSD (x2) ...and other mechano-digital happiness.

"The Unbelievable Work...believe it or not."

Posts 109
Gavin Murphy | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 17 2017 10:32 AM

Sorry guys. I feel you. I'm sure they will fix this soon. 

Page 1 of 1 (11 items) | RSS