Posts 3655
Floyd Johnson | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 31 2017 1:16 PM

What is the companion $1.99 book?

Blessings,
Floyd

Pastor-Patrick.blogspot.com

Posts 1699
JoshInRI | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 31 2017 5:00 PM

wow..this is the first free book I am eager to read ...yay!  PTL.

Thanks Logos.  I bought it for zero dollars right away....is there a second book I might have scored a good deal on too?

Hope I do not miss out on that one.

Posts 8858
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 31 2017 7:06 PM

I wonder why it is not showing up here now? https://www.logos.com/free-book-of-the-month

I guess there are still a few more hours before April 1.

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 94
Rokas | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 31 2017 10:34 PM

here is the second book for those who are as impatient as I am:

Reading Scipture with the Church Fathers

Smile

Posts 2465
Lee | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 1 2017 4:01 AM

Paul Caneparo:

I bought this well written book and now it's on sale for the price of a mouse-click. Grab it while the offer lasts! Big Smile

Posts 928
Matthew | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 1 2017 5:46 AM

Rokas:

here is the second book for those who are as impatient as I am:

Reading Scipture with the Church Fathers

Very excited to see this for $1.99. Just snatched it up. Cool

Posts 1959
Joseph Turner | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 1 2017 7:46 AM

Paul Caneparo:

I just finished a class for which this book was required!  I enjoyed reading it, but I found it interesting that a book that cautions against reading the Bible with "Western Eyes" uses Indonesian culture to read the Bible, seeing Indonesian culture as closer to biblical culture.  

Disclaimer:  I hate using messaging, texting, and email for real communication.  If anything that I type to you seems like anything other than humble and respectful, then I have not done a good job typing my thoughts.

Posts 2248
Jan Krohn | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 4 2017 2:31 AM

The +1 book has been replaced with this one:

https://www.logos.com/product/36458/jesus-through-middle-eastern-eyes-cultural-studies-in-the-gospels

Good for all who have grabbed the Church Fathers already (like me), and got two plus ones this month Big Smile

Past IT Consultant. Past Mission Worker. Entrepreneur. Future Seminary Student.
Why Amazon sucks: Full background story of my legal dispute with the online giant

Posts 1244
HJ. van der Wal | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 4 2017 2:49 AM

Jan Krohn:

The +1 book has been replaced with this one:

Thanks!

Posts 2465
Lee | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 4 2017 4:18 AM

Jan Krohn:

This is an amazing work (read the physical book). Grabbed it right away.

Posts 511
Gordon Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 4 2017 4:57 AM

Lee:

Jan Krohn:

This is an amazing work (read the physical book). Grabbed it right away.

I completely agree. I bought it in hard copy, then happily paid full price again to have it in Logos. It's a brilliant price at the moment and I'd recommend to everyone who doesn't yet have Bailey's book to snap it up. Yes

Posts 3115
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 4 2017 7:11 AM

No complaints here... this book fits the free book concept better.  I wonder why they switched it?

Posts 3115
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 4 2017 7:13 AM

Though I should note that the first second book is still available at $1.99 if you just click on one of the links above.  Not sure for how much longer though

Posts 27451
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 4 2017 7:27 AM

Jan Krohn:
The +1 book has been replaced with

I'm not sure why, but they are both still on sale. Did anyone see the old title listed on the free book of the month page, or was it simply a guess due to the price? 

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 1005
EastTN | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 4 2017 7:37 AM

Jan Krohn:

Good for all who have grabbed the Church Fathers already (like me), and got two plus ones this month Big Smile

Amen to that!

Posts 861
LogosEmployee

alabama24:

Jan Krohn:
The +1 book has been replaced with

I'm not sure why, but they are both still on sale. Did anyone see the old title listed on the free book of the month page, or was it simply a guess due to the price? 

There was a miscommunication in the process of identifying and posting the +1 this month. We changed it to the intended volume (Bailey) but decided to leave the pricing on the Church Father's volume for an extra day so customers who saw messaging for that book would have an opportunity to take advantage of it.

Manager, Bible Study Products Department

Posts 1005
EastTN | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 4 2017 8:39 AM

Ben Amundgaard (Faithlife):

There was a miscommunication in the process of identifying and posting the +1 this month. We changed it to the intended volume (Bailey) but decided to leave the pricing on the Church Father's volume for an extra day so customers who saw messaging for that book would have an opportunity to take advantage of it.

That was very gracious.  Thank you.

Posts 27451
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 4 2017 9:00 AM

Yes

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 912
David Carter | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 4 2017 7:43 PM

We changed it to the intended volume (Bailey) but decided to leave the pricing on the Church Father's volume for an extra day so customers who saw messaging for that book would have an opportunity to take advantage of it.

Well I just tried to buy it and it wants the full price so I guess the extra day must have expired unfortunately. Needless to say I didn't buy it.

Page 1 of 2 (21 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS