Home Page bug at Start up with Widnows 8.1

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
This post has 2 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 9
Chip | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Apr 1 2017 12:00 PM

Ever since purchasing Logos 7 for my Windows 8.1 PC, the Logos7 start up sequence has been defective.  The defect is as follows: once loaded, Logos 7 home page scroll bars are "latched up", meaning they do not move when selected and the mouse is moved.  The hyper-links in the home page are active, and Logos7 will allow me to load saved Layout pages that are otherwise functional; however the home page scroll bars are lathed up.  I can get around this defect by performing a Cntrl-F5 "home page refresh".  After a successful F5 page refresh, the scroll bars function correctly; however, it takes several F5 key strokes to trigger a refresh and honestly, for a new Logos7 package, this is very undesirable and frustrating.  I have already reported this to the Logos technical staff by phone; they acknowledge the problem on "limited" windows 8 systems.  I would ask that Logos expedite the fix for this issue as they are already of System release 7.5 SR-1.  thanks

Posts 301
LogosEmployee
Brandyn Whittington | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 3 2017 4:02 PM

Hey Chip! Thanks for reporting this. We've had a couple cases of similar behavior, and it looks like it may be caused due to Windows trying to run Logos in Compatibility mode. To confirm this, we can gleam this from your logs. Please submit them to this thread following the instructions here.

Posts 9
Chip | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 9 2017 9:22 AM

Hi Brandyn,

Please be advised that the defects as outline in case #96517 have been resolved with the most recent system Release 7.11 SR-1.  I have been re-checking the start-up behavior for the last 10 days and the active scroll bar "latch up" is gone.  I am not sure if this was an intentional solution, or an ancillary effect of other fixes that were implemented.  Either way, it fixed my issue.  It might be useful for future diagnostics to document this symptom, as associated with HP ENVY machines with Intel 5500 graphic technology, in your  post-release notes to ensure proper archival of this anomaly.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS