Windows Logos 4 stopped working message

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
This post has 2 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 2
Martin Manuel | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Apr 5 2017 9:58 AM

Each time that I attempt to open Logos 4 on my desktop PC running Windows 10, I receive the Windows message "Logos Bible Software 4 has stopped working".

I tried the Ctrl - open and got to the log in page.  After logging in, the same error occurs.  Logos 4 opens with the same passage page I last used several weeks ago (Matthew 9:35-38).  I can go no further.

This problem seemed to start after I tried to change my login.  

I have changed it back to the original login.  The problem persists.

I have used Logos 4 without error since it was installed on this same PC in 2012.

Posts 21936
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 5 2017 10:13 AM

Hi Martin - and welcome to the forums

There was a problem reported a few weeks ago that sounds very similar and it seemed to be related to security issues (supported security mechanisms used by Logos 4 didn't validate against Logos servers). It was slightly different but could be related - we would need to see logs to be sure.

However with Logos 4 no longer being supported.I would suggest upgrading to Logos 7 - the free engine is available at https://www.logos.com/product/136022/basic - and seeing whether that addresses the issue. 

I would also suggest removing your email addresses from your post - click More and Edit - to reduce the risk of them being picked up by spambots

Graham

Posts 2
Martin Manuel | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 5 2017 2:07 PM

Thanks!  I'll update to 7.

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS