Feature Request: Automatic Resource Specific Highlighting

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 98
Jeremy Writebol | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Apr 6 2017 8:10 AM

The iOS version of Logos is great in that it creates a new resources specific document for each resource I'm reading when I highlight selections of that resource. It's automatic too (there is a setting you can adjust to change where the highlight is directed).

Now, can the desktop application be trained to do the very same thing? It's laborious to be reading a passage,  want to highlight it, control-click on the passage only to find that the most recent document is ready to be annotated, but not the specific resource that I'm working in. 

Any simple work arounds that I am missing? If not, consider this a feature request for 7.6 of Logos Bible Software. Thanks

Posts 21707
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 6 2017 8:18 AM

Jeremy Writebol:
Now, can the desktop application be trained to do the very same thing?

Unlike the mobile apps - where "highlight destination" is defined at an app level, on the desktop it is defined at the highlighting palette level.

If you open the highlighting tool (from the Tools Menu) and click on the small arrow at the right of a palette name you will get a popup menu including the option to choose resource-specific note files.

It does need to be done for each palette you want to highlight from.

Does this help / give you what you need?

Posts 666
James McAdams | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 6 2017 8:22 AM

I'm not at my Mac, but if you open the highlights tool, you can say where each highlight group should saved by clicking the arrow next to the name of that collection - you can choose "Resource specific note file" (or something along those lines) from there. I'm sure someone will come along with specifics and screenshots at some point, but it's definitely doable.

Posts 98
Jeremy Writebol | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 6 2017 8:23 AM

That's exactly it! Thanks Graham.

Graham Criddle:

Jeremy Writebol:
Now, can the desktop application be trained to do the very same thing?

Unlike the mobile apps - where "highlight destination" is defined at an app level, on the desktop it is defined at the highlighting palette level.

If you open the highlighting tool (from the Tools Menu) and click on the small arrow at the right of a palette name you will get a popup menu including the option to choose resource-specific note files.

It does need to be done for each palette you want to highlight from.

Does this help / give you what you need?

Posts 666
James McAdams | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 6 2017 8:36 AM

Awkward timing on my part there...

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS