Search Results Does Not Display All Articles At Once

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 2
Phil Owen | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Apr 8 2017 10:30 AM

Hi, When using the basic search, results do not display ALL articles. On the right side of the screen there is a count for the articles of each resource such as "2X, 4X" etc. I need to see ALL articles from each resource listed so I can hover over each one before going to a resource. Please help. I am writing papers  for 4 classes due May 1st and need help quickly, Thanks so much!

Posts 21920
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 8 2017 10:57 AM

Hi Phil - and welcome to the forums

Try setting the search results to display "By Resource"

Graham

Posts 2
Phil Owen | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 8 2017 11:09 AM

Hi Graham, doesn't work. Been using Logos for 4 years and know most all the basics. I just need to know how to see all articles returned in each resource at once. It seems Logos used to do that. Not now? Instead of showing one article and then 3X, 4X etc for the rest of the available articles, I need to see a heading for each article that returned under each resource, so I can hover over each article without going to the resource.

As of now Logos only displays 1 or 2 articles from each resource in the search window.

Please let me know if there is a view setting or something I need to change.

Thanks so much for your help!

Phil

Posts 149
Timothy Brown | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 8 2017 1:21 PM

Phil Owen:

Instead of showing one article and then 3X, 4X etc for the rest of the available articles, I need to see a heading for each article that returned under each resource, so I can hover over each article without going to the resource.

As of now Logos only displays 1 or 2 articles from each resource in the search window.

I am puzzled by your reference to "3X, 4X etc." and your saying that this is "a count for the articles of each resource." In the example below, the "8X, 2X, 120X" shows the number of times the search item (in this case, "Lachish") appears in each article in a given resource. Five articles from BAR 05:06 are shown at the same time.

Windows 8.1 64-bit, Core i5-3330, 8GB RAM

Posts 10550
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 8 2017 1:41 PM

Don't understand why you think Graham's suggestion didn't work. I tried a simple search for Lacish. Logos returned 8 hits—all in Lange. Here is a complete list of articles containing the search item—8 hits in 5 articles, 4 of the hits being in the Exegetical and Critical article.

Posts 24928
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 8 2017 5:36 PM

Phil Owen:

The Resource view shows all the relevant articles in each resource but doesn't show all the hits/results (indicated by 2x, 4x) in the article. This hasn't changed since L4.

Inline Search can show the results more conveniently (by Sentence).

If necessary, provide a screenshot to illustrate your issue.

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS