8 Vol. Set of Early Church Father Commentary ONLY $20! HURRY, HURRY, HURRY!

Page 2 of 2 (35 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 34 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 37
Justin Gill | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 25 2010 7:35 AM

Dave Hooton:
I just found I was already in there!

I guess that has happened to a few people on here. It is another good reason to push these great sets....We need to free up some more room for more community pricing opportunities. It may seem selfish but i love great books (especially sets) for great prices! I could never get these kind of books at a store in physical form for so little!

Posts 37
Justin Gill | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 25 2010 7:42 PM

It looks like we are slowly but surely moving. Let's keep going guys!

Posts 3854
Floyd Johnson | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 25 2010 7:44 PM

Been in there since it was first introduced by someone in the forums,  Looking forward to it.

Blessings,
Floyd

Pastor-Patrick.blogspot.com

Posts 456
Roger Feenstra | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 25 2010 9:21 PM

Floyd Johnson:
Been in there since it was first introduced

Ditto, at $40

Elder/Pastor, Hope Now Bible Church, Fresno CA

Posts 37
Justin Gill | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 26 2010 9:51 AM

I just found out that if those who are under the $20 mark it up to the $20 or higher markers it would greatly increase our speed to the line! I've pushed mine higher how about you?!

Posts 774
Jerry Bush | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 26 2010 10:11 AM

Done.

iMac (2019 model), 3Ghz 6 Core Intel i5, 16gb Ram, Radeon Pro Graphics. 500GB SSD.

Posts 172
Chris Ease | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 26 2010 7:42 PM

I'm sitting on the fence on this pre-pub.  I'm not Catholic, but think this may be a good purchase.  I'm on with the Apostolic Fathers in pre-pub and Alford's English commentary.  I have LN and Bdag and thought Apostolic Fathers would make a great compliment.  I'm just wondering about this one?  Anyone have the EDNT?  What do you think about it?  I'm on the fence with that one since its over $100.  I would add that I favor Calvinistic readings, but am open to some other insight/commentary.  Not interested in a purely arminian read either.  Thanks for any help 'pushing me over the fence into deeper debt and answering to the wife when the credit bill hits 1yr from now".

Posts 37
Justin Gill | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 26 2010 7:55 PM

Chris:
I'm sitting on the fence on this pre-pub.  I'm not Catholic, but think this may be a good purchase. 

I am not roman catholic either but the nice thing about this series that Thomas Aquinas isn't the one who is writing this commentary. He is bringing a combination of comments by other fathers.  All of these Fathers were mainly concerned with the purity and preservation of the Word and it's meaning rather than mainly current Roman Catholic doctrine. They are not concerned with denominational correctness but they simply taught the Word as they taught and they saw come to light in a lifetime of study. We would do well to listen to their thoughts on Scripture and incorporate them into our own beliefs (of course always testing there thoughts).

These men are definitely some who I think of when i hear the verse in Hebrews about how "we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses". Their faith challenges and builds my own. I hope you will join us in receiving their profound words of knowledge!

Posts 172
Chris Ease | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 26 2010 8:00 PM

I'm going to wait till tomorrow and decide.  I am interested..............leaning forward on the fence!Angel

Posts 19333
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 27 2010 1:37 AM

Chris:

Thanks for any help 'pushing me over the fence into deeper debt and answering to the wife when the credit bill hits 1yr from now".

She'll hardly notice at this price. It will probably get pushed over the finish line at $20, but there is typically a last minute rush as all the people who bid less than that realize that it's finally made it into production and they have a short window of opportunity to get it at the community price before it goes into pre-pub and the price jumps up, so they increase their bids. That brings the cost of production per unit down. In all likelihood it will come down to $16 or $18 in the end. But it won't have a chance of getting there if it doesn't first get across the finish line. So my recommendation if you're inclined at all is to bid $20. You can always withdraw you bid at any time later if you change your mind, even after it's gone into pre-pub, all the way up to the day before it ships if you haven't got the money for it at the time.

Posts 172
Chris Ease | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 27 2010 7:10 AM

OK.........Drinking my coffee, waking up really good, and I have decided to join.  I'm headed over to community pricing to click on at least $20.  O.k.....I went for $24 as my max offering.

Posts 37
Justin Gill | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 27 2010 8:40 AM

Chris:
OK.........Drinking my coffee, waking up really good, and I have decided to join.  I'm headed over to community pricing to click on at least $20.  O.k.....I went for $24 as my max offering.

Great to hear!Wink

Posts 37
Justin Gill | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 27 2010 12:03 PM

Chris:

It is always a good idea to increase your bid just above what you would normally bid because it will drive production faster and will drop the price lower than the bid (hopefully).  Thanks again for you bid!

Posts 37
Justin Gill | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 31 2010 3:49 PM

Push! Ha ha ha. This was so far back in the forums I even almost gave up. Stick out tongue

Posts 3854
Floyd Johnson | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 31 2010 5:18 PM

Here is a link so new readers of this thread do not need to go hunting for it:

http://www.logos.com/communitypricing/details/5216

Blessings,
Floyd

Pastor-Patrick.blogspot.com

Page 2 of 2 (35 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS