Logos 7 Mac OS Sierra Bible Scrolling Issue

Page 1 of 1 (12 items)
This post has 11 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 15
Frank Mickle | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Apr 19 2017 8:38 AM

I'm using a new Mac Desktop and the scrolling with the bibles is erratic.  It hesitates and then scrolls to far.  Any Ideas?

Posts 15
Frank Mickle | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 19 2017 9:11 AM

Just to add more info:  Other books seem to scroll fine.  It is just with the Bible (various versions).  Columns is set to "None" and Link Set is set to "None".

Posts 3152
LogosEmployee
Thomas Ball | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 19 2017 1:43 PM

This behavior should be improved in 7.6.

Posts 15
Frank Mickle | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 20 2017 6:51 AM

O.K. Thanks...  That is the response I received from Tech Support as well.

Posts 27675
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 20 2017 8:14 AM

Frank Mickle:
It is just with the Bible (various versions).

Hmm. I tried the ESV & NIV and both scroll like butter. I wonder what the issue might be. 

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 15
Frank Mickle | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 20 2017 8:16 AM

Not sure what it is...  I have used Logos for many years without this issue.  I also have a MacBook Air running OS Sierra and it scrolls fine...

Posts 191
Rev. 14:6 | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 20 2017 12:13 PM

Frank Mickle:

I'm using a new Mac Desktop and the scrolling with the bibles is erratic.  It hesitates and then scrolls to far.  Any Ideas?

I have OS X Yosemite and run Logos 7 Now. I never had a problem in Logos 6 but when it went to Logos 7 my bibles scroll erratic every time without failure! It drives me crazy! 

I have my ESV bible open on one pane and then another pane with Text comparison and have about 4 English versions in there. I'll have a commentary open and a lexicon in another. They are all linked together. I'll even type in the text I want, it will go there for a second then go way up ahead of what I never even typed in. I could type in John 3:16 to my ESV pane and when I hit enter it will land up on John 3:11 and it happens way too much with most every text without failure. Very frustrating. 

Posts 191
Rev. 14:6 | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 20 2017 12:16 PM

When I scroll down with a text, it will go backwards to where I came from and I have to scroll and scroll until it gets there and remains on the text that I want. 

Posts 27675
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 20 2017 12:23 PM

Rev. 14:6:

I have my ESV bible open on one pane and then another pane with Text comparison and have about 4 English versions in there. I'll have a commentary open and a lexicon in another. They are all linked together. 

Your issue is unrelated. Please create a new thread to get help. 

Posts 2631
LogosEmployee
Philana R. Crouch | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 21 2017 3:03 PM

Frank Mickle:

I have OS X Yosemite and run Logos 7 Now. I never had a problem in Logos 6 but when it went to Logos 7 my bibles scroll erratic every time without failure! It drives me crazy! 

I have my ESV bible open on one pane and then another pane with Text comparison and have about 4 English versions in there. I'll have a commentary open and a lexicon in another. They are all linked together. I'll even type in the text I want, it will go there for a second then go way up ahead of what I never even typed in. I could type in John 3:16 to my ESV pane and when I hit enter it will land up on John 3:11 and it happens way too much with most every text without failure. Very frustrating. 

Rev. 14:6,

As Alabama mentioned this seems like a different issue. If you could create a new thread. If you could provide a screenshot so we can see what Bibles and other resources you are using. Please include the type of panel linking is turned on for each panel. Also when you reproduce this issue please include logs (see my signature for a link to enable logging). This information will help us to try to reproduce this issue.

Posts 191
Rev. 14:6 | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 21 2017 5:11 PM

Thank you for your help, it was not my intent to hijack the thread. My mistake.

Blessings.

Posts 27675
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 21 2017 5:58 PM

it was not my intent to hijack the thread. My mistake.

No problem. Smile

If you want to troubleshoot or report something, just create a new thread. Yes

Page 1 of 1 (12 items) | RSS