BUG: missing license for resource

Page 1 of 1 (15 items)
This post has 14 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 157
Michel Pauw | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Apr 19 2017 10:02 PM

I recently bought the Lexham Methods Series and was reading one of the books on my Android tablet (Google Nexus 10, Android 5, latest app version).

After opening another resource and going back to the Lexham Methods one, I got an error saying: "missing license for resource".

I tried:

- getting the last update for the Logos app

- removing the resource and downloading it again

- syncing with my desktop

- checked that I have a permanent license (which I do)

- searched the Internet and this forum for a solution, but only found that some years ago there was this bug with bundled resources. However, I didn't find a solution.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,Michel

Posts 1375
Jan Krohn | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 20 2017 12:13 AM

I had the same issue before. Incompatible display driver, if I remember right. Just wait for the next app update, and it will work fine.

--
Jan Krohn -- Returning back to Germany after 5 years of Mission Work in Cambodia. Starting Next Now...
www.heidoc.net -- Vyrso Freebies Newsletter -- Bible Apps -- Secret Microsoft Downloads

Posts 24767
Forum MVP
alabama24 | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 20 2017 4:32 AM

Jan Krohn:
Incompatible display driver

Android has display drivers? 

OSX & iOS | Mac Logs | PC LogsInstall

Posts 1401
Forum MVP
Fr Devin Roza | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 20 2017 6:25 AM

I've had this problem before as well with the Android app. I tried everything I could imagine to fix it, but no luck.

In my case, it was on the e-reader with Android 4.2, which is no longer supported, so I just supposed that was the problem and downgraded to a previous version of the app with official support for Android 4.2, which did fix the problem. I guess Android 4.2 may not have been the problem, though, as you are using Android 5. 

In my case, it was a book I had been reading for a while (Bonaventure, The Soul's Journey into God), and one day all of a sudden I opened the app and it said missing license. 

Posts 24767
Forum MVP
alabama24 | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 20 2017 8:40 AM

Fr Devin Roza:
it was on the e-reader with Android 4.2, which is no longer supported, so I just supposed that was the problem and downgraded to a previous version of the app with official support for Android 4.2, which did fix the problem.

...Android allows you to install apps which aren't supported on that version of the OS? 

Posts 1375
Jan Krohn | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 20 2017 6:42 PM

alabama24:

Yes it does. How else would it show anything on the display. Here's an old post by Kevin: https://community.logos.com/forums/p/118179/776213.aspx#776213

--
Jan Krohn -- Returning back to Germany after 5 years of Mission Work in Cambodia. Starting Next Now...
www.heidoc.net -- Vyrso Freebies Newsletter -- Bible Apps -- Secret Microsoft Downloads

Posts 24767
Forum MVP
alabama24 | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 20 2017 7:44 PM

Jan Krohn:
Yes it does. How else would it show anything on the display

I guess I meant, "Why would display drivers be an issue on a fixed monitor device. Wow, I am glad I am an iOS user and not on Android." Wink

Posts 1401
Forum MVP
Fr Devin Roza | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 21 2017 2:26 PM

Jan Krohn:

alabama24:

Yes it does. How else would it show anything on the display. Here's an old post by Kevin: https://community.logos.com/forums/p/118179/776213.aspx#776213

The linked post refers to a different problem - a resource that was causing a crash due to being inable to display something correctly. 

This forum post is about the error that the app doesn't find the license. The book appears in your library, and when you try to open it up, the app simply displays a message saying you are missing a license for the resource (which is incorrect). But it doesn't crash the app.

Posts 157
Michel Pauw | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 21 2017 2:37 PM

Fr Devin Roza:

This forum post is about the error that the app doesn't find the license. The book appears in your library, and when you try to open it up, the app simply displays a message saying you are missing a license for the resource (which is incorrect). But it doesn't crash the app.

Indeed, the app doesn't crash, it just tells me that the license for the bundled resource is missing, while I do have a permanent license for them and they work perfectly fine on my laptop as well as on my Android phone.

Posts 3057
LogosEmployee
Tommy Ball | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 21 2017 3:25 PM

Michel Pauw:

I tried:

- getting the last update for the Logos app

- removing the resource and downloading it again

- syncing with my desktop

- checked that I have a permanent license (which I do)

- searched the Internet and this forum for a solution, but only found that some years ago there was this bug with bundled resources. However, I didn't find a solution.

Hi Michael, I'm sorry for the trouble. Which of the four volumes is this occurring in? Have you tried closing the app out completely and re-starting it fresh? If you have, or if you do and that doesn't fix the problem can you post logs of the behavior? This article shows you how: https://www.logos.com/support/bible/android/report-problem. You can either email us the logs and reference this thread, or change the email recipient to yourself, and post the logs to this thread. 

Thank you!

Posts 157
Michel Pauw | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 22 2017 11:53 PM

It happens with the two that I've downloaded to my tablet: Linguistics + Social and Historical Approaches.

Here is the log:

7608.log.zip

Posts 3057
LogosEmployee
Tommy Ball | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 24 2017 4:51 PM

Thanks, Michael. I've submitted your logs to development for them to look at. We'll be in touch with you.

Posts 3057
LogosEmployee
Tommy Ball | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 25 2017 8:11 AM

Hi Michael,

Do you have another device running Android 7.1.2? If you do does this behavior occur on that device as well?

Posts 157
Michel Pauw | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 25 2017 3:43 PM

Tommy Ball:

Hi Michael,

Do you have another device running Android 7.1.2? If you do does this behavior occur on that device as well?

No, I do have an Android phone which has 6.0.1 and won't (yet) upgrade to 7. These resources are fine on this device.

Posts 157
Michel Pauw | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 11 2017 7:57 PM

It seems to be solved without any intervention from my side.

Thank you to whomever! :)

Page 1 of 1 (15 items) | RSS
Copyright 1992-2015 Faithlife / Logos Bible Software.