George Müller Collection (12 Vols.)

Page 1 of 3 (41 items) 1 2 3 Next >
This post has 40 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 168
Bill Gordon | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Mar 24 2010 7:37 AM

This is a good time to bid on the George Müller Collection (12 Vols.) in the Community Pricing area. It has almost reached 100% of the level needed to go into production. It looks like the community price will only $18 for the entire collection. That is only $1.50 per volume. If more people bid the price could even go lower!

You can find it at: http://www.logos.com/communitypricing/details/5683 

Posts 350
Chuck P. | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 24 2010 7:46 AM

When this first came out I put a bid in for it at 33.00....does that mean if it goes for 18.00, I will have to pay 33.00?......hope not....I do want to own it....

Chuck

Laptop: Lenovo P580 - 15.6" IdeaPad Laptop
 - 6GB Memory - 750GB Hard Drive - Windows 7
 Iphone5s            Logos 7, Bronze

Posts 291
Kaye Anderson | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 24 2010 8:07 AM

You will pay what everyone pays.  I bid the max on "The Gospel Mystery of Sanctification".  I got it moved to my pre-pub list at $5!

If I could bid twice on Muller, I would!  It's RIGHT there on the line...and just won't move.

Peace...

"But you, be sober in all things, endure hardship, do the work of an evangelist, fulfill your ministry."  2 Timothy 4:5 (NASB)

Posts 1145
William | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 24 2010 12:08 PM

Chuck P.:
does that mean if it goes for 18.00, I will have to pay 33.00?.

it means you will pay 18 as it stands now.  could go lower if we could just bump it.  it seems the bugs come running for it when it gets the green light.

Posts 168
Bill Gordon | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 25 2010 10:50 AM

It looks like the collection has succeeded in gathering enough interest to go into production. The community bidding is currently at $18 for all 12 volumes. The bidding will close on Friday 4/2/2010 at Noon Pacific Time according to the web page:

http://www.logos.com/communitypricing/details/5683 

There is still time for people to drive the price even lower! I wonder if we could send it below $12? <Grin>

Posts 168
Bill Gordon | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 25 2010 5:41 PM

It looks like we only need a few more people to get the price down to $15 for the set.

Posts 37
Justin Gill | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 25 2010 7:43 PM

That would be great! Big Smile

Posts 884
Kolen Cheung | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 27 2010 10:20 PM

wmgordon@yahoo.com:
It looks like we only need a few more people to get the price down to $15 for the set.

Right. And I am one of them. Hopefully it works.

Posts 168
Bill Gordon | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Mar 28 2010 4:42 AM

Kolen Cheung:

wmgordon@yahoo.com:

Right. And I am one of them. Hopefully it works.

The price is heading down and we still have a few more days for it to drop. The Müller Collection looks like it will be an excellent source of illustrations for sermons.  Müller was constantly giving examples of how God answered prayer in his life and ministry.

The link for getting the collection at this great price is:

http://www.logos.com/communitypricing/details/5683 

Posts 3767
Forum MVP
Friedrich | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Mar 28 2010 12:42 PM

Bill Gordon:
The Müller Collection

How do you get your umlaut u?  I don't know how to do that. . . .

Let's go $15!!!

I like Apples.  Especially Honeycrisp.

Posts 18697
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Mar 28 2010 1:33 PM

Dan DeVilder:

I do them in Word or Outlook (which both understand the same keyboard shortcuts for inserting accented characters) and then copy/paste into wherever I need them.

The way to enter them in Word is hold the Ctrl key down, press the key on the keyboard that looks most like the accent over the next character you're preparing to type and then release the Ctrl key. Nothing shows up yet at this point but you're now primed to type the accented character. So press the letter you want the accent to show up on.

For example, to type é you'd press and hold Ctrl and type an apostrophe ( ' ) then release both keys and type the e.

For à use a back apostophe ( ` )

For umlaut as on ü, use a colon ( : ), which is Shift+; so you'd have to press Ctrl+Shift+; to get the accent

For circumflex as on î, use ^ (that's a Shift+6, so you'd have to press Ctrl+Shift+6 to get the accent)

Use a forward slash / for the Scandinavian ø

Use @ for the little circle as in å

Use ~ to get ñ.

Use , to get ç.

Use Ctrl+& followed by s to get the German double-s (ß)

There might be a few others, but that should cover most of what you'd ever need. You can also always use Insert Symbol in Word if you can't remember the code or want to use a less frequently used accent that there isn't a shortkey key for. The Insert Symbol dialog box will show you what the shortcut keys are for future reference (if there is one) down at the bottom when you select an accented character.

Posts 184
lostlogik | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Mar 28 2010 1:34 PM

Dan DeVilder:

Bill Gordon:
The Müller Collection

Let's go $15!!!

Use an iPhone and it's easy: hold down your finger on the u for a few seconds and up pops ü

Posts 884
Kolen Cheung | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Mar 28 2010 5:31 PM

Chris Farwell:
Use an iPhone and it's easy: hold down your finger on the u for a few seconds and up pops ü

Same for HTC, at least it is true for HTC Touch Diamond 2.

Posts 3767
Forum MVP
Friedrich | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Mar 28 2010 5:38 PM

oh you techie dudes . . . I don't have those.  But ROSIE helped me!  Thank yoü!!!  Stick out tongue

Posts 168
Bill Gordon | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Mar 28 2010 6:39 PM

Actually, I cheated and used copy and paste. <Grin>

By the way, it looks like the Community Pricing may drop to $15 on the Müller Collection tomorrow.

Anyone interested can place a bid at: http://www.logos.com/communitypricing/details/5683.

Posts 18697
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Mar 28 2010 11:42 PM

Dan DeVilder:

oh you techie dudes . . . I don't have those.  But ROSIE helped me!  Thank yoü!!!  Stick out tongue

Hee hee. I'm a techie dude too, or rather maybe a dudette (dudess?).  Smile But I don't have one of those either.

Posts 184
lostlogik | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 29 2010 4:17 AM

As an aside, I thought the umlaut was being phased out by the Germans. Don't they all write a following e now instead? (ie Mueller)

Posts 18697
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 29 2010 4:44 AM

Chris Farwell:

As an aside, I thought the umlaut was being phased out by the Germans. Don't they all write a following e now instead? (ie Mueller)

Well, ue is indeed equivalent to ü in German orthography. Perhaps that came into common usage in the old days of typewriters where you couldn’t put diacritical marks over letters. But I didn’t think the umlaut was an endangered species at all. They still use them in Der Spiegel, the main weekly magazine. I'll ask my friend in Germany.

Posts 3767
Forum MVP
Friedrich | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 29 2010 5:24 AM

Chris Farwell:

The German Language has undergone many changes in the last 20 years, but I had not heard about the umlaut being phased out.

Posts 8601
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 29 2010 6:01 AM

On the other hand, I have heard that the collection in question has until this Friday to make it down to $15 or lower!

Truth Is Still Truth Even if You Don't Believe It

Check the Wiki

Warning: Sarcasm is my love language. I may inadvertently express my love to you.

Page 1 of 3 (41 items) 1 2 3 Next > | RSS