First Class Conditional Statements

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
This post has 6 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 102
tjebme | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Apr 22 2017 7:39 AM

Looking for input on the most efficient way to search for first class conditional statements? Thanks.

Posts 24516
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 22 2017 7:43 AM

tjebme:
Looking for input on the most efficient way to search for first class conditional statements?

Try "{Section <GrammaticalConstructions = 1st Condition>}"

The documentation provides some context on this and other similar searches

Posts 102
tjebme | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 22 2017 10:38 AM

Thank you. That looks like it points me in the right direction. However, it provides a lot more hits than I was expecting (Decker, Wallace and Boyer note roughly 300 instances of the first class condition in the N.T.). Just to quote Decker for instance: "There are approximately 300 first-class conditions in the NT" (Reading Koine Greek: An Introduction and Integrated Workbook)

Appreciate the documentation link.

Posts 24516
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 22 2017 10:52 AM

tjebme:
Thank you. That looks like it points me in the right direction. However, it provides a lot more hits than I was expecting (Decker, Wallace and Boyer note roughly 300 instances of the first class condition in the N.T.). Just to quote Decker for instance: "There are approximately 300 first-class conditions in the NT" (Reading Koine Greek: An Introduction and Integrated Workbook)

Sorry - you get better results if you use a Greek New Testament such as NA28

Posts 102
tjebme | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 22 2017 12:08 PM

Thank you, Graham!

One other question. If I'm interpreting the documentation correctly, I can find the first class condition tag in the information window or the context menu. Using Matt 4:3 as an example, I see the tag in the information window (screen shot #1), but the tag is not displayed in the context menu (screen shot #2). Shouldn't the tag also show in the context menu?

Posts 26512
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 22 2017 12:34 PM

Expand Colwell's Rule by clicking on the little arrow >

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 102
tjebme | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 22 2017 4:50 PM

Excellent! Thanks!

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS