highlighting in personal books

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 17
Rev Mark Woodhouse | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Apr 27 2017 8:58 AM

Hi All, does anyone know what happens if you modify a personal book that you have got lots of personal highlights in it. do you lose the highlights? I have tried a test version with a book and it seems to keep them. However I want change (add a couple sections) to book that I have put considerable number of highlights but don't want to lose the highlights.

Any one have any wisdom on this?

Blessings

Mark

Posts 1394
James Taylor | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 27 2017 9:52 AM

From my experience, Logos usually maintains all the highlights, as long as the text you highlighted still exists in the updated doc

Logos 8  | Dell Inspiron 7373 | Windows 10 Pro 64, i7, 16GB, SSD | iPhone X | iMac 27" i7, 16GB, SSD | OS 10.13

Posts 27681
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 27 2017 10:10 AM

Rev Mark Woodhouse:
Any one have any wisdom on this?

I have seen highlighting shifted. I am not sure how major/minor the change needs to be to cause this, or if any changes to the software have eliminated it. If you are adding sections to the end of the book, I think you are safer than if you add stuff in the middle. 

I <think> you could create a duplicate copy of the current .docx file, experiment with a new one, and go back to the old one if need be. That is theoretical, however. 

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 2061
GaoLu | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 27 2017 6:25 PM

I don't highlight dynamic documents, of which I have a couple. If you just add text and don't change existing text overmuch, problems should be minimal.  

Posts 17
Rev Mark Woodhouse | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 27 2017 11:49 PM

Hi All, went for it last nigh, made a backup as suggest just in case (thanks for suggestion). ALL absolutely fine - SUPERB! really good. Bless you all.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS