Prioritize lexicons in Information pane

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
This post has 6 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 97
Paul Unger | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, May 8 2017 4:29 PM

I have prioritized my lexicons in Library > Prioritize. However, when I click a word in a Bible and it opens in Information > Definition, there is a lexicon there that is not in my 'priority' list--and it is above others that are in the list... Where do I control what shows in the Information pane? Thanks for any help,

Paul

Posts 9080
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 8 2017 5:58 PM

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 97
Paul Unger | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 9 2017 6:59 AM

Thanks, Mark. I wouldn't have known to force 'Settings' to appear by hovering my mouse on the 'Definition' (or other) title bar. Another hidden gem!

So it looks like I can only show / hide resources in Settings, not prioritize them. Is that correct? If so, I figured out which resource set to 'hide' to get rid of the lexicon I don't want to see (a Spanish, Strong's coded one), but I'm still wondering if there's another way...

Posts 9080
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 9 2017 7:42 AM

The options are to show your top prioritized volume (set in Library) or to select the volume you want to see using the drop-down menu. That's it. (Not sure what you mean when you speak of hiding a volume nor of needing another way.)

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 97
Paul Unger | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 9 2017 10:22 AM

Currently I see this:

But I don't ever refer to LGENT (a Spanish lexicon). However, if I unselect 'Strong's Number':

LGENT disappears from the Information pane and gives me more 'useful' information at the bottom:

I ask about another way because it seems a bit drastic to have to turn off 'Strong's Number' to get rid of a (different language) resource from the list...

Posts 24855
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 9 2017 4:57 PM

Paul Unger:
I ask about another way because it seems a bit drastic to have to turn off 'Strong's Number' to get rid of a (different language) resource from the list...

If you see a number e.g. 4864, 11.45 before the lemma in Definition then it identifies a lexicon for Strong's numbers or Louw-Nida Domains (as per your Word Info); which are alternative ways to get a definition for the same Greek lemma. It just happens that LGENT provides definitions in Spanish for Strong's numbers and you could have prioritized another lexicon for Strong's numbers e.g. Enhanced Strong's Lexicon. Happily, your top lexicon for Greek lemmas is BDAG, so you didn't have to re-prioritize that!

Removing (turning off) a lexicon for Strong's numbers is OK provided you have prioritized suitable lexicons for Greek lemmas (and Hebrew/Aramaic lemmas), because bibles that have lemmas may not have Strong's numbers.

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 10 2017 5:42 PM

Paul Unger:
I ask about another way because it seems a bit drastic to have to turn off 'Strong's Number' to get rid of a (different language) resource from the list.

One idea is searching for Milestone of Greek Strongs:

{Milestone <GreekStrongs G4864>}

From search results, can choose lexicon(s) to prioritize.

Another thread has lexicon prioritization examples => searching strong's numbers

Keep Smiling Smile

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS