Logos or Vyrso

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 236
John C Connell Jr. | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, May 9 2017 4:06 AM

Is there a way to see which of your resources came from Vyrso and which came from Logos in the Library?

Be strong and courageous. . . for the LORD your God is with you wherever you go.

Posts 619
Ryan | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 9 2017 4:23 AM

Hi John,

In the library view you can change the view to "details" and then click on the column head that says "edition." E-books are Vyrso.

Edit: If "edition" doesn't appear as a column, you can right click on the columns and select "edition" to add it.

Posts 572
Scott E. Mahle | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 9 2017 4:29 AM

Open your library and type into the find box edition:ebook for Vyrso titles or edition:logos for Logos titles OR scroll until you see the Edition field and click on it to sort the entire library as shown:

Logos Series X Pastor’s Library | Logos 3 Leader’s Library | Logos 4 Portfolio | Logos 5 Platinum | Logos 6 Feature Crossgrade | Logos 7 Essential Upgrade - Large | Logos 8 Methodist & Wesleyan Platinum and Academic Professional

Posts 27773
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 9 2017 4:33 AM

John C Connell Jr.:

Is there a way to see which of your resources came from Vyrso and which came from Logos in the Library?

It depends on what you are really trying to accomplish. Technically (the way you asked), no. There is no way to determine which store you purchased a resource from. I assume your concern wasn't actually "where did I buy this from," but rather "what books are 'vyrso editions.'" Ryan answered well for that question. If you only want a list of Vyrso books, simply type edition:e to filter for Vyrso edition resources. 

The reason that you can't use this list to determine which books you purchased from Vyrso: 1) some (but not many) resources sold in the Vyrso store are Logos editions and 2) sometimes resources migrate from Vyrso to Logos. Previously when this happened, you would end up with two editions of the same book; in more recent times, a new edition has been placed over the old one. 

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 9 2017 7:50 PM

alabama24:
If you only want a list of Vyrso books, simply type edition:e to filter for Vyrso edition resources. 

Noet eBooks also match edition:e filter. Dreaming of metadata tagging to enable library filtering, which enables eBooks to be included or excluded from searches as desired. Ideal would be adding a column to Library with Store source from order history. Another idea is including eBook Store name in Subject along with copy of Vyrso and Noet genre(s). The eBook stores already have genre(s).

Some threads requesting Vyrso library filtering:

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 236
John C Connell Jr. | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 10 2017 3:51 AM

Thank you all for your answers.  Not only solved my problem but educated me in the process!

-john

Be strong and courageous. . . for the LORD your God is with you wherever you go.

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS