Searching for <Person Jesus> in LEB has no hits?

Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
This post has 10 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 144
Josiah | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, May 10 2017 6:46 AM

Hi, new user, trying to learn.  I saw another thread on searching so I copied the search to try it myself and I get no hits in the LEB.  Is the LEB not tagged (do I need to get a different bible) or is something not working correctly?

If I do a Search -> Basic -> Everything for <Person Jesus>

Lexham English Bible has 0 hits, but I get a Factbook hit, Media hits, and 2214 hits in Community tags.

If I search just for "Jesus" not using the <> notation I get 909 results.

I only have Basic with a few resources purchased separately.  But it seems odd the <Person Jesus> finds articles in Faithlife Study Bible Infographics and Factbook and Media but not in the LEB?  Is this related to my feature set or something else?

Posts 21920
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 10 2017 7:13 AM

What happens if you do this as a Bible search - specifying LEB - as opposed to a Basic Search?

Posts 144
Josiah | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 10 2017 7:14 AM

Same thing.  0 results.

Posts 8014
LogosEmployee

Performing this search in a Bible requires a reverse interlinear and the Biblical Referents Dataset (https://www.logos.com/product/27287/biblical-referents-dataset), which isn't in Logos Basic.

Posts 144
Josiah | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 10 2017 8:02 AM

Awesome.  Thanks for the prompt reply.  I suspected as much.  I've got some thinking to do then.

Posts 82
Kristine Lewis | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 10 2017 8:40 AM

Bradley Grainger (Faithlife):

Performing this search in a Bible requires a reverse interlinear and the Biblical Referents Dataset (https://www.logos.com/product/27287/biblical-referents-dataset), which isn't in Logos Basic.

Just asking you to clarify, Bradley, I believe the bibles included in Logos 7 Basic, the KJV and LEB, are reverse interlinear bibles, and can be used for Bible Word Studies, lemma searches and other original language functions.  But Logos 7 Basic does not have the Biblical Referents Dataset to make this particular search work. This wiki page compares Logos 7 packages and features.

https://wiki.logos.com/Upgrading_to_Logos_7

Posts 24930
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 10 2017 3:03 PM

Kristine Lewis:
 I believe the bibles included in Logos 7 Basic, the KJV and LEB, are reverse interlinear bibles, and can be used for Bible Word Studies, lemma searches and other original language functions.  But Logos 7 Basic does not have the Biblical Referents Dataset to make this particular search work

L7 Basic includes the reverse interlinear datasets for the KJV and LEB bibles, but does not include the Biblical Referents dataset. The RI datasets make it possible for the bibles to be used as you state.

Kristine Lewis:
This wiki page compares Logos 7 packages and features.

The Feature Comparison table states that "<Person>, <Place>, <Thing>" searches require a suitable package (Pkg) in addition to Logos 7 Basic and a note at the bottom of the Features table states that "Bible Referents identifies every <Person>, <Place>, and <Thing> named in the Bible".

It doesn't list the "Interlinears" included with each Logos 7 Feature Set as that can be found on the relevant web page, but it lets you know that <lemma> & <root> searches and Word Studies are possible with L7 Basic.

Does that help?

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 82
Kristine Lewis | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 10 2017 4:37 PM

Bradley Grainger (Faithlife):

Thanks, Dave, that is helpful.  I asked Bradley to clarify because I wasn't clear what the subject was in "isn't in Logos Basic" in his response, whether he meant the Biblical Referents Dataset isn't included, or that both the reverse interlinear and the Biblical Referents Dataset are not included.  I think it is very generous of Faithlife to include reverse interlinear datasets and some original language functions in a free package.  I have more than Logos 7 Basic, I am curious about whether the LEB and KJV display the original language as inline interlinear with the English surface text if the inline linear icon is clicked?

Posts 304
Bernhard | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 10 2017 4:44 PM

Kristine Lewis:
I don't have Logos 7 Basic, will the LEB and KJV display the original language as inline interlinear with the English surface text?

Yes, they do.

Posts 304
Bernhard | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 10 2017 4:54 PM

Josiah:

Awesome.  Thanks for the prompt reply.  I suspected as much.  I've got some thinking to do then.

If you go to factbook, you can actually get a list of Bible references where the person is tagged, by expanding the information for the lemmas used. You could copy that and reimport it as passage list for further analysis.

Posts 144
Josiah | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 10 2017 4:58 PM

I actually decided just to get Logos Now.  Probably worth it just for the search capabilities alone.

Page 1 of 1 (11 items) | RSS