ChristianDiscourse.com

Page 2 of 2 (28 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 27 Replies | 4 Followers

Posts 4763
David Paul | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 26 2018 9:13 AM

I had some conversations on CD that I had plans of using for books that I am writing. If I had known it was going to just disappear, I would have downloaded that material. I hope this site will return with the previous contributions intact at some point.

Posts 688
Kevin A Lewis | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 26 2018 9:22 AM

Oh

Therein lies a lesson - computers are not reliable - and the internet even less so!!!

But the Word or God stands forever.

Sorry I couldn't resist

Shalom

Posts 3663
Floyd Johnson | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 26 2018 3:37 PM

Kevin A Lewis:

Oh

Therein lies a lesson - computers are not reliable - and the internet even less so!!!

But the Word or God stands forever.

Sorry I couldn't resist

Shalom

Yes

Blessings,
Floyd

Pastor-Patrick.blogspot.com

Posts 169
Daniel NM | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 26 2018 5:35 PM

David Paul:

Bradley Grainger (Faithlife):

Sorry I don't have an official answer for you yet. When we have one, we'll post it here.

Time

There was/is a thread where Logos Forums users were discussing an alternative ChristianDiscourse.com following its server issues. In short, ChristianDiscourse.net was established.

<!-- -->

Posts 2310
Jan Krohn | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 27 2018 3:29 AM

David Paul:

I had some conversations on CD that I had plans of using for books that I am writing. If I had known it was going to just disappear, I would have downloaded that material. I hope this site will return with the previous contributions intact at some point.

All the material is accessible through www.archive.org. However, recovering it, either programatically or manually, would be extremely tedious. I've not strated doing that since all the effort would be for nothing if FL should bring back the original CD forum, or claim copyright on the contents which would prevent me from placing it somewhere on the web.

But let me at least help you recover the content for your book.

What do you remember about it? URL, date, your CD user name, any short fragment of the content?

Past IT Consultant. Past Mission Worker. Entrepreneur. Future Seminary Student.
Why Amazon sucks: Full background story of my legal dispute with the online giant

Posts 443
Bill Cook | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 27 2018 5:45 AM

Daniel NM:

David Paul:

Bradley Grainger (Faithlife):

Sorry I don't have an official answer for you yet. When we have one, we'll post it here.

Time

There was/is a thread where Logos Forums users were discussing an alternative ChristianDiscourse.com following its server issues. In short, ChristianDiscourse.net was established.

Yes, and that has turned into a wild political foray not a forum for religious discussion.

Posts 151
Dave L | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 28 2018 9:51 AM

Much of it has gone political. But I post there regularly and stick to Christian ethics and theology. It would be great if others reading this would join in. I believe it is one of the better, and most user friendly sites on the net. Special thanks to Jan for all of the work he put into it.

Posts 3938
abondservant | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 30 2018 4:58 PM

Robert M. Warren:

Doc B:
So if I were to argue with you about how well the site was working, would that be considered a theological debate? Big Smile Big Smile Big Smile Big Smile

Only if the argument related to primary vs. secondary causes and and their compatibility.

OR if we discussed whether the outages were predestined, or the result of free will.

L2 lvl4, L3 Scholars, L4 Scholars, L5 Platinum,  L6 Collectors. L7 Baptist Portfolio. L8 Baptist Platinum.

Page 2 of 2 (28 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS