Logos 7 MacBook

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
This post has 8 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 3
Coby Munsey | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, May 13 2017 5:16 AM

Good morning.  My Logos isn't working after upgrading to 7.  Any help would be great.

Posts 8601
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 13 2017 5:25 AM

While my knowledge base is PC based, I wonder if you could try a couple things.

First of all - if it is at all relevant note that Mac logging is already enabled,  Please see http://wiki.logos.com/Mac_TroubleshootingHow_to_Report_Bugs_in_Logos_4_Mac  

We need a better description of what happened and what does happen.  It doesn't work is not enough information to go on, sorry.

There are many folks here that will help you get going again. 

Perhaps start by trying to reinstall the program and let us know how things go.

Truth Is Still Truth Even if You Don't Believe It

Check the Wiki

Warning: Sarcasm is my love language. I may inadvertently express my love to you.

Posts 3
Coby Munsey | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 13 2017 5:48 AM

I did reinstall it and it still doesn't work.  It just starts bouncing in the dock and then goes away.  I had a version that I won and then had to upgrade.  What can I provide to get help?

Posts 8601
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 13 2017 5:52 AM

In that case the logs I referenced above should provide some insight.

EDIT: Congratulations on the WIN!  Whoo whoo!  And welcome to the forums.  (Gracious, where are my manners these days?)

Check the Wiki

Warning: Sarcasm is my love language. I may inadvertently express my love to you.

Posts 27545
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 13 2017 6:12 AM

Coby Munsey:
It just starts bouncing in the dock and then goes away.

The first thing to check: Try opening the app from the applications folder, not from the dock. If that works, delete the dock icon and add it back. If that doesn't work, please provide logs. See my signature line. 

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 13 2017 7:13 AM

Coby Munsey:

I did reinstall it and it still doesn't work.  It just starts bouncing in the dock and then goes away.  I had a version that I won and then had to upgrade.  What can I provide to get help?

Welcome Big Smile

If Logos application had been updated followed by reinstall of an older version, then bouncing happens because your Logos database files have a newer version than the application (so application quickly quits instead of causing database file issues). Default setting is automatic update. Install page => https://www.logos.com/install has download link for latest application stable release.

Note: reinstall is typically only needed when diagnostic logs shows application corruption. Support page => Report a Problem includes link to download Logos Logging Utility that can enable application diagnostic logging, which is useful for human diagnosis of a crash.

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 3
Coby Munsey | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 13 2017 6:10 PM

7635.LogosCrash.txtThanks for the input.  Here is my log.

Posts 8601
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 13 2017 6:39 PM

Hmm.  

The Program version is reported as 6.14 SR-4 and the log was created on April 24th, 2017.  

Unfortunately this log doesn't seem relevant to the current problems if you've upgraded to 7. 

I'll let the Mac folks advise you on what is next. 

KS4J's advice sounds like it might help.

Check the Wiki

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 13 2017 9:35 PM

Please use Logos Logging Utility to enable logging.

Please launch Logos application from dock.

After dock icon stops bouncing, please compress Logos.log file followed by attaching to forum reply.

FYI: if an older application was reinstalled, the Logos.log file will have a message about database being newer so program is exiting (not a crash).

Keep Smiling Smile

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS