Missing Book(s)

Page 1 of 1 (17 items)
This post has 16 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 38
Bryan O Clements | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, May 20 2017 4:10 AM

In 2009 I had Interpretation: A Bible Commentary for Teaching and Preaching Psalms by James L. Mays. I know this because I was able to export a listing of my books in Libronix.  I went looking for this book in Logos this week and it is not in my library.  My first question is, "What happened to it?"  I then have to wonder if other books have disappeared.  If I owned it in 2009, shouldn't I still own it?

Posts 21927
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 20 2017 4:39 AM

Bryan O Clements:
If I owned it in 2009, shouldn't I still own it?

Yes - you should.

I've just checked in my library and I still have it so it hasn't been withdrawn in any way (not that I would have expected that).

Two things to try:

• check in your "Hidden resources" - found at the bottom of Tools -> Program Settings - to see if you hid it for any reason
  • enter the command "update resources" in the command bar. This will check what you have downloaded against what you have licences for and download anything that is missing

Please let us know how you get on with these

Posts 38
Bryan O Clements | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 20 2017 5:13 AM

No hidden resources and everything updated. Still no book.

Posts 21927
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 20 2017 5:16 AM

Do you know if you have used it since moving from Libronix to Logos?

Are you using the same account details now as then?

Posts 38
Bryan O Clements | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 20 2017 2:43 PM

Just discovered it is the entire Interpretation set that is missing, 39 books. Called customer service and was told I need to find my original Libronix disks.  My original purchase was 12 years ago, don't know if they even still exist.  I know they were in my Library because I imported all of my books into LibraryThing so I would not buy books I already have.  All those books are tagged "Libronix."  

I was under the impression that Logos maintained a database of all my purchases and I had nothing to worry about.

Posts 2313
Jan Krohn | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 20 2017 6:24 PM

If you remember the file names, you might be able to find these resources on the Logos ftp server. ftp://ftp.logos.com

There are a few books that don't load into Logos automatically. The World Fact Book 1996 is another example.

Past IT Consultant. Past Mission Worker. Entrepreneur. Future Seminary Student.
Why Amazon sucks: Full background story of my legal dispute with the online giant

Posts 678
Dale E Heath | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 20 2017 6:30 PM

Can you import from Logos and Amazon to LibraryThing? I've been wanting to do that. Is there a tutorial? (Email me by clicking my profile).

I have the original disks for Libronix, Logos 1, and Logos 2. The Libronix ones say Series X Automation Upgrade. The disks included are: A, Aa, B,C,D,E, and Video Introduction. I can copy them if that would help. I can copy the disk labels if that would help you decide. We need to connect via email.

You can view the Wiki for Libronix and if you still have the Libronix DLS, you may be able to import them. There are also some forum threads relating to bringing Libronix books to Logos. If you have your old Libronix email address, I would contact CS again and ask for help. They should be able to give the books to you.

Dale Heath

Posts 38
Bryan O Clements | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 20 2017 6:34 PM

In Libronix you could do en export and it had ISBN numbers.  I have not found a way to do this in the newer Logos versions.  

I figured I would call customer service during the week and follow this up.

Posts 2331
Ronald Quick | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, May 21 2017 6:42 AM

Did you backup your computer files over the past few years?  If so, those files (and license) may be backed up as well.

Posts 744
Armin | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, May 21 2017 10:15 AM

Bryan O Clements:

I then have to wonder if other books have disappeared. 

I also sometimes wondered what happens if Logos accidentally "loses" a license to a resource that I own. How would I notice? But I thought this was too unlikely to be concerned. Unfortunately, you are an example that this can happen.

I believe I still have all my CDs from the last ~15 years. How can I check if I still own all the resources on these CDs?

Armin

Posts 24935
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, May 21 2017 3:03 PM

Armin:
I believe I still have all my CDs from the last ~15 years. How can I check if I still own all the resources on these CDs?

It's doubtful that all your resources would be on CD, especially if purchased from Logos/Faithlife as download-only (after Nov 2009). If the CD has a Serial number you could try to re-activate it. Otherwise see if some of the titles on each CD are in your Library.

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 5025
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, May 21 2017 6:30 PM

One possibility that no one had raised, and may not be applicable to you, but worth asking is whether you have ever returned a purchase. If so this might be an explanation. As I said might not apply but it could apply to someone in the future reading this thread looking for answers to where a particular resource has gone.

Bryan O Clements:

In 2009 I had Interpretation: A Bible Commentary for Teaching and Preaching Psalms by James L. Mays. I know this because I was able to export a listing of my books in Libronix.  I went looking for this book in Logos this week and it is not in my library.  My first question is, "What happened to it?"  I then have to wonder if other books have disappeared.  If I owned it in 2009, shouldn't I still own it?

Posts 27683
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, May 21 2017 6:44 PM

Disciple of Christ (doc):
whether you have ever returned a purchase

Yes

...Or sold to someone else. Especially a package in which dynamic pricing due to the missing resource may have been applied. 

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 678
Dale E Heath | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, May 21 2017 7:52 PM

alabama24:

Disciple of Christ (doc):
whether you have ever returned a purchase

Yes

...Or sold to someone else. Especially a package in which dynamic pricing due to the missing resource may have been applied. 

Yes

This title and it's collection are part of several bundles and packages, so that could be it.

Dale Heath

Posts 744
Armin | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, May 21 2017 8:58 PM

Dave Hooton:

Armin:

It's doubtful that all your resources would be on CD, especially if purchased from Logos/Faithlife as download-only (after Nov 2009). If the CD has a Serial number you could try to re-activate it. Otherwise see if some of the titles on each CD are in your Library.

Sorry, Dave, for my unclear statement. No, I don't have all resources on CDs. However, all CDs and floppy disks that I once purchased, I still have.

I tried your URL to see what happens if I enter a serial number of one of the CDs.  I got the 404 error with the lost sheep and the message:  Are you lost? Let us help you find your way…

Armin

Posts 744
Armin | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, May 21 2017 9:15 PM

Bryan O Clements:

I went looking for this book in Logos this week and it is not in my library.

When I searched my library for this resource, I was also not able to find it. However, the website

https://www.logos.com/product/15667/interpretation-a-bible-commentary-for-teaching-and-preaching-psalms

had the "add to cart" button greyed, i.e., I must own it. I then noticed that the title of this resource is just "Psalms". You may want to search your library for

author:mays AND title:psalms

It hopefully shows up then.

Armin

Posts 744
Armin | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 27 2017 8:45 AM

Hi Bryan,

Have you been able to resolve the issue?

Armin

Page 1 of 1 (17 items) | RSS