Personal Books

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
This post has 6 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 66
Father Gregory | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, May 22 2017 3:51 PM

Hello,

I created about 50 personal books on my laptop.  I am unable to see them on my desktop program.  Any suggestions on why I am unable to read them on the desktop program?

Thanks!

Posts 8835
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 22 2017 3:57 PM

Did you upload your books after you created them?

s

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 3148
LogosEmployee
Thomas Ball | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 22 2017 3:59 PM

Hi Gregory,

I'm sorry for the confusion. Personal Books do not automatically sync. You can upload them by following the instructions here. I will warn you however, there is no going back once you've uploaded them. You can hide them, but we can't re-lock them and there is no editing them after they hav been uploaded if you want to fix a typo, or add a section of text to them. When you upload them they are that way forever. Alternatively, you can transfer the source documents to your desktop and rebuild them from the Personal Book entries in the Personal Book section of Tools. 

Posts 6157
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 22 2017 4:14 PM

While we are on personal books 📚 Can we attach pictures/images on personal books?

DAL

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 22 2017 5:00 PM

Tommy Ball:
Alternatively, you can transfer the source documents to your desktop and rebuild them from the Personal Book entries in the Personal Book section of Tools. 

Another alternative is copying your *.lbspbb resource files on laptop followed by using scan command on desktop (to copy them into desktop installation plus index them without changing compilation date). Logos wiki => Copy Logos Resources to Mac OS X (Supported – saves resource downloading) includes location of Resource folder on Windows and Mac.

Personally use scan to copy compiled personal book files after experiencing upload causing any index within personal book to be silently ignored => Bug: 7.2 RC 3 Regression: Personal Book Discourse Glossary

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 66
Father Gregory | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 23 2017 8:36 PM

Thanks!  It worked.

Take care

Posts 66
Father Gregory | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 23 2017 8:36 PM

Thanks!  I missed that step....

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS