Is Logos 8 coming out soon?

Page 6 of 6 (120 items) « First ... < Previous 2 3 4 5 6
This post has 119 Replies | 11 Followers

Posts 4800
doc | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 18 2018 10:50 PM

Mark Barnes:

If I’d have known Logos was going to be released I would have made sure I had decent internet access so I wouldn’t miss the fun! But it’s our wedding anniversary at the end of October and for some reason my wife thinks getting away from the internet is a good way to celebrate!

Enjoy your time away for your wedding anniversary with your bride.  

Of course I know you will have signed a privacy clause if you were private beta testing Logos 8 so wasn't expecting an answer upon that one.

Posts 4800
doc | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 18 2018 10:52 PM

pk47:

Doc, I don't care much for the software, I have the beta and am more than content with the new notes. My main desire for Logos 8 is access to new packages. I've put off buying anything in Logos the past several months, mainly in anticipation of Logos 8. Hopefully, I can resume spending soon  ;)

I understand what you are saying, I am interested in the potential for new resource also but the two go together like a horse and carriage.  Enjoying saving a bit more money till it is released.  And I hope they have some nice packages on offer that meet you needs pk47. It's always good when a package comes out with what you are wanting in it.

Posts 2610
Forum MVP
PetahChristian | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 18 2018 11:28 PM

doc:

pk47:

Doc, I don't care much for the software, I have the beta and am more than content with the new notes. My main desire for Logos 8 is access to new packages. I've put off buying anything in Logos the past several months, mainly in anticipation of Logos 8. Hopefully, I can resume spending soon  ;)

I understand what you are saying, I am interested in the potential for new resource also but the two go together like a horse and carriage.  Enjoying saving a bit more money till it is released.  And I hope they have some nice packages on offer that meet you needs pk47. It's always good when a package comes out with what you are wanting in it.

One of the reasons that I’ve spent less is that I’m hoping some of the items I want will be (available for less) in a new base package. It’s a gamble, but I’d rather not buy something now if it might be discounted 90-95% off for L8.

Plus, as doc pointed out, the longer we wait, the more we can set aside for L8.

Posts 288
Liam Maguire | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 19 2018 10:55 AM

Dale E Heath:

Mark Barnes:

Logos 4 released on Monday, 2 November 2009.

Logos 5 released on Thursday, 1 November 2012.

Logos 6 released on Tuesday, 28 October 2014.

Then Logos 7 surprised us by releasing on Wednesday 24 August 2016.

What do those dates all have in common? I was on holiday every time, usually without WiFi!

We're actually going away on Monday for ten days — but we'll have WiFi this time!

Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday are already used, so it has to be a Friday at the end of October or the beginning of November.

That makes it October 26 or November 2. With Mark being gone on Oct. 26, but back on Nov. 2, that makes Oct. 26 a 99.99% sure thing.

The Bible Code has nothing on Mark Barnes' holiday dates! Stick out tongue

Check out my blog 'For Fathers'

Posts 2066
mab | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 19 2018 2:48 PM

I don''t really expect to see L8 this year at all but my last Logos payment is this month so maybe that will be enough of a goadGeekedBig Smile

The mind of man is the mill of God, not to grind chaff, but wheat. Thomas Manton | Study hard, for the well is deep, and our brains are shallow. Richard Baxter

Posts 4800
doc | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 19 2018 3:00 PM

mab:
I don''t really expect to see L8 this year

Yes I am happy to not see it this year.

mab:
my last Logos payment is this month

Congratulations. 

Posts 3935
abondservant | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 19 2018 6:59 PM

it'll be ready, when its ready.

I too look forward to the new base packages, and features though. That part is always fun :)

L2 lvl4, L3 Scholars, L4 Scholars, L5 Platinum,  L6 Collectors. L7 Baptist Portfolio. L8 Baptist Platinum.

Posts 1
maria vanquez | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 20 2018 4:46 AM

good one ..

Posts 3712
Forum MVP
Friedrich | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 20 2018 7:36 AM

abondservant:
it'll be ready, when its ready.

it'll be almost ready when it's ready... Big Smile

abondservant:
I too look forward to the new base packages, and features though. That part is always fun :)

totally in agreement on this one.  Always a great part of release day.

I like Apples.  Especially Honeycrisp.

Posts 1875
GaoLu | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 20 2018 3:45 PM

New Base Packages, Yes!  I have worn out looking at the old ones.  It's time for new! Software updates are always fun too--all new and sleek and fresh and shiny and better.  We've been saying it for a long time, but wouldn't now be a good time for Logos 8 to come? Of course, we don't want it still doughy in the middle.   

I sort of hope the coming of Logos 8 doesn't mess with Christmas--buying grandkids gifts, and all those great Logos sales. But I am preparing now, adding oil, trimming wicks, trying to sock a little away for that Great Gettin' Up Morning.  

Let me tell ya 'bout the comin' of Logos8! 

Fare ye well! Fare ye well! 

Posts 603
scooter | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 20 2018 4:07 PM

GaoLu:
Fare ye well! Fare ye well! 

...All loose pocket change

There's a hole in my wallet

Bigger 'in a six lane

Interchange

Yeah,

Its all goin' to FL

Get me a bit o' L8

Bigger bells, shriller whistles

My studies to sate

Yet I'm never satisfied

What about this?

My left hand wants it [so bad]

Right hand says

Take a miss

I insist

Its still less

Than you need.

Posts 3712
Forum MVP
Friedrich | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 21 2018 10:38 AM

GaoLu:

I sort of hope the coming of Logos 8 doesn't mess with Christmas--buying grandkids gifts,

you can always switch to a religion that does not celebrate Christmas.  Kids have entirely too much these days, anyway.  Stick out tongue

I like Apples.  Especially Honeycrisp.

Posts 13
Steven New | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 22 2018 10:35 PM

I hope they do something progressive with the Faithlife connect subscriptions.  I am hoping what you will get to keep your Logos 7 package with essentials and they will give you whatever resources will come with the Logos 8 Faithlife Connect packages.  So that we connection subscribers get a bump in base features and new resources.

Posts 17
phrogger | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 22 2018 10:46 PM

This is all I care about.

Posts 32
Deepak Kumar Singh | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 29 2018 9:13 AM

Finally....Wait has ended and Logos 8 is out.....SmileYes

Posts 7
Jim Keys | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 7 2018 10:26 AM

I guess I should have paid more attention to past release dates, etc. I just spent hundreds of dollars to upgrade my base package, putting all the money I could scrape together into it. Then 3 weeks later I find out there is a new version and they want me to spend at least $250 more to get the new version. No more money until next fall... bummer.

Posts 2640
David Taylor Jr | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 7 2018 10:38 AM

Jim Keys:

I guess I should have paid more attention to past release dates, etc. I just spent hundreds of dollars to upgrade my base package, putting all the money I could scrape together into it. Then 3 weeks later I find out there is a new version and they want me to spend at least $250 more to get the new version. No more money until next fall... bummer.

Call sales, it might make sense to return your purchase (30 days) and upgrade to an L8 package instead. Just call and see.

Teacher, Ministry Leader, Student, Author, Husband, Lover of Baseball!

How to upload logs

Posts 2610
Forum MVP
PetahChristian | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 7 2018 10:44 AM

Jim Keys:

One option is to contact Sales and find out if you are eligible for a credit for your recent L7 purchase.

Another option is if you are within the 30-day return period, you can check to see if it is cost-effective to return your prior purchase, and use those funds to purchase an L8 package. Sales can help determine how your L8 dynamic price would be affected by returning your L7 purchase. (Note that resources change from L7 to L8. Check first before asking for a refund, to make sure that your L7 packages don't contain something you need, that isn't sold in an L8 package.)

If you are a Faithlife Connect subscriber, you would get access to all L8 features and tools as part of your subscription. Nothing to buy (if you don't want to also upgrade your library).

Finally, everyone can get a free upgrade to L8 Basic in the spring, typically in February. This would update your software to L8, and provide access to a limited number of L8 features, tools, and resources. Depending on which tools you have and use now, this might be sufficient for you, without spending more money to get all the new features, tools, and resources.

Posts 495
Steve Maling | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 7 2018 10:52 AM

Jim,

By all means, talk with Sales/Customer Service. But also, please keep in mind a variation on PetahChristian's final paragraph. You can get a "Full Feature Upgrade" to Logos 8 without investing in still more books. You will keep everything in your recent L7 package and be able to use it all within L8. Best wishes!

Posts 17363
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 7 2018 4:41 PM

David Taylor Jr:

Jim Keys:

Call sales, it might make sense to return your purchase (30 days) and upgrade to an L8 package instead. Just call and see.

Sales may offer Logos 8 upgrade at a substantial discount, which reflects recent Logos 7 purchase. One way to contact sales is opening Logos 8 package product page followed by using chat => https://www.logos.com/products/search?Product+Type=Base+Packages&unlocked=no

Keep Smiling Smile

Page 6 of 6 (120 items) « First ... < Previous 2 3 4 5 6 | RSS