This is a little embarassing but....does anyone like the "Interlinear at the bottom" more than the old style for ESV?

Page 2 of 3 (42 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next >
This post has 41 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 3578
steve clark | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 26 2010 8:32 AM

Have ya'll compared it to how L3 displayed it?

i thought that it was quite readable in L3.

Or closer to apples & apples (to pics in your earlier posts)

QLinks, Bibl2, LLR, Macros
Dell Insp 17-5748, i5, 1.7 GHz, 8G RAM, win 8.1

Posts 132
jwsheets | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 26 2010 8:40 AM

Have they released a full page interlinear option in Logos 4? I seem to still have the half page option. Did I miss something?

Posts 3578
steve clark | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 26 2010 8:51 AM

what the others are showing is from the Beta version (4.0cB1)

Posts 4508
Robert Pavich | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 26 2010 9:21 AM

steve clark:

Have ya'll compared it to how L3 displayed it?

i thought that it was quite readable in L3.

Or closer to apples & apples (to pics in your earlier posts)

It looks like the lines in V3 are in a different order than V4....that's one thing. I find V3 easier (from your screen shots) to absorb...

Robert Pavich

For help go to the Wiki: http://wiki.logos.com/Table_of_Contents__

Posts 3578
steve clark | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 26 2010 9:32 AM

Robert Pavich:
It looks like the lines in V3 are in a different order than V4....that's one thing. I find V3 easier (from your screen shots) to absorb...

Perhaps if there is something in the V3 version that works better for ya'll, then as beta users you could post suggestions in the beta forum and hopefully Logos will implement them. i am very thankful for you beta testers! And rely on ya'll to help voice opinions which make V4 a better product (all of you have done a remarkable job and am sure that our God is guiding you), Thanks!

Posts 4508
Robert Pavich | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 26 2010 9:42 AM

steve clark:

Perhaps if there is something in the V3 version that works better for ya'll, then as beta users you could post suggestions in the beta forum and hopefully Logos will implement them. i am very thankful for you beta testers!

Thank you very much for the kind words...on behalf of all of the other beta-rats.... Big Smile

steve clark:
and am sure that our God is guiding you

And being that I'm a Calvinist....I have no doubt... Big Smile

Robert Pavich

For help go to the Wiki: http://wiki.logos.com/Table_of_Contents__

Posts 2779
Kevin A. Purcell | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 26 2010 1:27 PM

In my mind the full screen method is SO MUCH BETTER that I was very excited to see it. I also love that it is always there when the text just by clicking on the toolbar. I do wish I could set it the way I like it and just toggle it on/off instead of clicking each thing I want displayed. It would be nice if the default button was both a button and a drop down. Click the button and all that is checked shows/goes away. Then click the down arrow to customize.

But I am so much happier with this format.

Posts 18905
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 26 2010 1:52 PM

Kevin A. Purcell:

I do wish I could set it the way I like it and just toggle it on/off instead of clicking each thing I want displayed. It would be nice if the default button was both a button and a drop down. Click the button and all that is checked shows/goes away. Then click the down arrow to customize.

That would be a good improvement. Worth posting in the Suggestions forum.

Posts 652
Jeremy | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 26 2010 7:13 PM

I just downloaded Beta C. How do you get the full page interlinear to come up?

Posts 18905
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 26 2010 7:18 PM

Jeremy:

I just downloaded Beta C. How do you get the full page interlinear to come up?

Open one of the Bibles that has it implemented so far (ESV, KJV, not sure what else).

Click the Display button to view a dropdown to turn on various lines of the interlinear.

Posts 652
Jeremy | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 26 2010 7:20 PM

My computer is still indexing Beta C. That must be the problem.

Posts 18905
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 26 2010 7:22 PM

Jeremy:

My computer is still indexing Beta C. That must be the problem.

Yes, that would be it. Also have you downloaded the new resource files too? There would have been updates to the Bible files. Here's the full list of ones that have the new full screen Interlinear capability: ESV, KJV 1900, RVR60, and LAKEAF

And here's a post I did showing what it looks like when it's running:

http://community.logos.com/forums/p/14310/110077.aspx#110077

Posts 25864
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 26 2010 8:23 PM

Robert Pavich:
I find V3 easier (from your screen shots) to absorb...

That was my first impression (from my own L3). I'll say more in the Beta forum.

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 3474
Milkman | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 26 2010 9:21 PM

I'm not sure how to display the interlinear in a full pane with the ESV above it. something like Rosie' shot above. I'm not using a beta just the .0b sr-1

mm.

Posts 3578
steve clark | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 26 2010 10:32 PM

Milkman:
I'm not sure how to display the interlinear in a full pane with the ESV above it. something like Rosie' shot above. I'm not using a beta just the .0b sr-1

This is only available in the Beta right now (4.0cBeta1). i can't see it either Sad

Posts 652
Jeremy | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 27 2010 5:35 PM

Logos always shuts down after I try to change the display function when using the ESV. Updating resources is as simple as clicking the "update" button correct?

Posts 1539
Terry Poperszky | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 27 2010 6:29 PM

Jeremy:
Updating resources is as simple as clicking the "update" button correct?

Type update resources in the command bar.

Posts 18
Steve. Kilgore | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 27 2010 7:18 PM

As a fan of the reverse interlinear in L3, I'm glad it is almost here in L4.  Does anyone know how long until it is included in version other than beta?

Posts 18905
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 27 2010 7:35 PM

Stephen C. Kilgore:

As a fan of the reverse interlinear in L3, I'm glad it is almost here in L4.  Does anyone know how long until it is included in version other than beta?

The beta cycle just started a week or so ago for 4.0c. We're still only on Beta 1. The previous release (4.0b) went through 12 beta releases over a period of 7 weeks before it got into Release Candidate mode and was there for another 3 weeks before it finally went gold. SO that's a total of 10 weeks. We've been told that 4.0c is likely to be a shorter beta/release cycle because it isn't as drastic a change from the previous release. So I would thus expect 4.0c to be released sometime around the end of May, give or take a week or so.

Posts 652
Jeremy | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Mar 28 2010 8:40 AM

Terry Poperszky:

Jeremy:
Updating resources is as simple as clicking the "update" button correct?

Type update resources in the command bar.

Right. I didn't know if I was missing another place where you could update your resources like there was in L3.

I have the newest beta, updated my resourced, but the ESV freezes and shuts down L4 when I attempt to open the "Display" in the ESV. Weird. But I still don't even see a place where I could click in RI.

Page 2 of 3 (42 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next > | RSS