Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
This post has 9 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 375
Clint Cozier | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, May 23 2017 7:44 AM

The last few releases on 7.7 beta cycle have been laggy at best. I'm running macOS 10.12.5 and for at least the last two betas any initial attemp to scroll once I've opened a layout causes a spinning beach ball stall that can last as long as a minute. It is (for me at least) bordering on becoming unusable. On the plus side, once I get through my first spinning beach ball time out, performance seems to improve. I've attached logs if that will help.

6175.Logos.zip

Posts 2577
LogosEmployee
Philana R. Crouch | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 23 2017 8:42 AM

Clint,

Can you provide I a screenshot of one of your layouts? This would help in determining what's behind that. Also if you have any visual filters on those resources let me know what those are as well.

Posts 375
Clint Cozier | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 23 2017 9:50 AM

Here is my screenshot:

I know its a busy layout and can be simplified, but I've been using it for years. Its getting progressively laggy, especially when I open a new book or scroll. If I get a beachball stutter, it lasts long enough to be annoying. The only Visual Filter I have on is the Notes and Highlights filters. I have one notes file per NT and OT book, all of those are always on.

Posts 2577
LogosEmployee
Philana R. Crouch | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 23 2017 3:07 PM

Clint,

Can you reproduce this hang and grab a Sample from your Activity Monitor? You'll want to have Activity Monitor open and Logos filtered, then use Sample Process from the menu. 

Then upload the file to this thread.

Posts 375
Clint Cozier | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 24 2017 7:14 AM

Here it is, this is after about 30 seconds of the beachball. Initially the Logos process was marked NotResponding, but by the time I got the screenshot it had changed:

Posts 2577
LogosEmployee
Philana R. Crouch | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 24 2017 1:57 PM

Clint,

I need you to reproduce the hang and click on Logos in your Activity Monitor and then on the gear icon at the top and click Sample Process (like the image I posted. Save that document and upload the document here.

Posts 375
Clint Cozier | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 26 2017 7:46 AM

Here is a file from one of this morning's beachball stutters.2626.Sample of Logos.txt

Posts 2577
LogosEmployee
Philana R. Crouch | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 26 2017 9:32 AM

Clint,

It looks like it didn't get the sample during the hang, can you try again? We really appreciate your help in doing this. The sample needs to be taken during the beach ball.

Posts 375
Clint Cozier | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 26 2017 11:09 AM

Let's try this one more time.....I had a beachball stutter when I started the process of capturing the sample and it was still frozen with the beachball for a good 10 second after the file had been written. Hope it helps:

3225.Logos Stutter File.txt

Following a crash and relaunch, there was another long stutter with my CPU processing going throgh the roof. Here is an attempt to capture that:

8156.Logos Lag Two.txt

Posts 2577
LogosEmployee
Philana R. Crouch | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 26 2017 12:35 PM

Hi Clint,

That sample was more helpful. It looks like your issue might be related to a visual filter or visual filter document. Do you have any documents with empty search text? If you can delete your current log folder, then reproduce the beach ball, take the sample, then include the sample file with the newly outputted logs, we might be able to get more specific information.

You can also help us narrow it down by disabling your visuals filters, then close and relaunch the app. Then turn them on one by one and see which one impacts performance.

Thanks for your help in trying to reproduce this.

Page 1 of 1 (10 items) | RSS