Biblical Archaeology Review 1975-2016

Page 2 of 2 (28 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 27 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 5318
Dan Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 26 2017 10:12 AM

Kevin A Lewis:
8. Don’t want to miss out any longer? You can try it right now

Didn't feel to me to be a valid reason "why you should be looking, the other 7 seemed sound, I meant to to change both references to 7 but missed the Big one at the top.... Distracted by the pretty pictures I guess...

-Dan

Posts 5426
David Paul | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 26 2017 10:16 AM

I'm STILL ticked off at BAS for shafting me on my purchase of the old Logos version of BAR. Sent them $50 and got nada. Shortly thereafter they stopped selling it because their supply ran out. I complained about it, and I was contacted by some lady who said she was going to send me a copy of the new, non-Logos disc. Guess what? Never arrived!! Angry

ASROCK x570 Creator, AMD R9 3950x, HyperX 64gb 3600 RAM, Asus Strix RTX 2080 ti, 2tb m.2 Seagate Firecuda SSD (x2) ...and other mechano-digital happiness.

"The Unbelievable Work...believe it or not."

Posts 5318
Dan Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 26 2017 10:34 AM

DAL:

Wow $37.97 for a year worth of access! Hmm, I may just pay the $99 on the other software and own them in my computer and mobile device. Though it kind of sucks to have to have yet another Bible software just for this. But hey, I may get CARTA too to make it worthwhile 😁

DAL

Accordance offers a number of fine reference works unavailable in Logos. You could indeed build a find Library there never duplicating the items you have in Logos. They also have more complete sets Offering the complete Holman commentary which for whatever reason FL has refused to go after, completed the Be Series (Song of Solomon/ Lamentation, strangely enough it is treated as individuals volumes in a set rather than the "The Bible Exposition Commentary set" which  contains all of Wiersbe's "Be" commentaries, plus previously unpublished commentaries on Lamentations and the Song of Solomon.) Also completed in Accordance is Old Testament for Everyone, Feating on the Word has not only all the readings (Logos never did the additional readings not in the printed edition but commissioned and released as PDF), but also the complete feasting on the Gospels. Other treasures you will not find in Logos includes:  New Interpreter's One Volume Bible Commentary (not an abridgement). New Interpreter's Study Bible, New English Translation of the Septuagint , The Torah: A Modern Commentary. Revised. 

-dan

PS: I am not meaning to break forum rules and think I am safe by not placing links or encouraging purchase of works available or on prepub in FL format.

PPS:Sorry for mention of the Prepub product, I have corrected it to what i meant to type.

Posts 8402
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 26 2017 10:55 AM

I may just have to consider that, Dan Francis. That's the reason I have WS, there are a ton of sermons and other cool resources that are way cheaper there! Plus, my sales rep usually gives me an additional 30% off the already discounted prices, except on some publishers like FL does. Yep, you guessed it, Zondervan and Baker!  Anyway, thanks for your advice, they're always helpful.

DAL

Posts 2200
Mark | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 28 2018 10:52 AM

Any possibility of this ever coming to Logos?

Posts 8402
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 28 2018 12:15 PM

Mark:

Any possibility of this ever coming to Logos?

Not any time soon 👍😁👌

Posts 25
PeteDaCatholic | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 24 2021 11:14 AM

Yeah, kinda stinks that one can't get BAR 1975-2016 on this platform. Did you go with the other platform for this?

Posts 8402
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 24 2021 12:56 PM

PeteDaCatholic:

Yeah, kinda stinks that one can't get BAR 1975-2016 on this platform. Did you go with the other platform for this?

I got these two collections from Accordance: Theological Journal Library and BAR.  It was cheaper with them and for my current needs it’s plenty        👍😁👌

DAL

Page 2 of 2 (28 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS