Highlighting Linefeed

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
This post has 7 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 277
PJ | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, May 23 2017 11:01 AM

Does anyone know if it is possible to use a linefeed char under Insert Text in a Highlighting Style. Long ago in, I think Logos 4, it was possible if I remember correct, with \n. I tried the character escape sequence for LineFeed (\n), CharCode (Alt+0012), some xml (carriage return + line feed: 
), Unicode (\u2028) and even RTF (\line). I know the CharCode is a bit to much, but I'l try anything Smile. I even tried to copy a Linefeed from a bible and pasted it into the Insert Text Before value with no result.

Maybe its not possible anymore or I'm missing something, maybe an Escape Sequence for some char's? Any pointer would be appreciated.

Posts 2082
LogosEmployee
Philana R. Crouch | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 23 2017 2:57 PM

Pieter,

Under the default palette style Emphasis Markup there is a style called "New Line Before And After", you can copy and modify that style to get the results you want.

Just decide where you want the line and delete what is in the field (it looks empty but it's not).

Posts 277
PJ | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 23 2017 8:23 PM
Thanks Philana, I'll look into it. I appreciate this verymuch. Sometimes I overlook the small detail benefits already availableIe. I'm so busy studying the word that I just want to dive in and solve and visualy create what I see in texts that I forget to sit back and explore functions that could benefit at all levels. I like it when such a small thing is implimented by the developers, thanks to the Team, "They thought of that!" Excelent...
Posts 277
PJ | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 24 2017 12:12 AM

Philana R. Crouch:

you can copy and modify that style to get the results you want.

How do I Duplicate or Copy these styles or should I just use the "long path" and implement the Markup separately and then my custom markup?

Posts 4823
doc | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 24 2017 12:17 AM

You need to duplicate the whole pallette first and then from the copy of the pallette you can move the style to a custom palette.

Pieter:

Philana R. Crouch:

you can copy and modify that style to get the results you want.

How do I Duplicate or Copy these styles or should I just use the "long path" and implement the Markup separately and then my custom markup?

Posts 277
PJ | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 24 2017 12:24 AM

I just discovered that one of the LineFeed experiments I tried did actually work. It seems to work after a restart. I just need to figure out what I tried last. The screenshot kind of tell me that everything I tried worked because of the amount of LineFeeds between "beloved" and "Son" and "in whom we have redemption". If for any reason I stumble upon a quick solution for this I'll post it here.

Posts 277
PJ | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 24 2017 12:26 AM

Disciple of Christ (doc):

You need to duplicate the whole pallette first and then from the copy of the pallette you can move the style to a custom palette.

Thanks for the prompt reply, appreciate!

Posts 277
PJ | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 28 2018 4:21 AM

Just for future reference: On a new style under Insert Text you can add ^n to get a linefeed before or after. This is a much better solution.

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS