A16 hangs

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
This post has 3 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 299
Robert Mullen | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Mar 25 2010 7:34 PM

I have had A16 hang three times now. Each time it is locked up to the point where it can't even be Force Quit. I tried "kill -9" on the PID to no effect as well. Right now the indexer appears to be locked up in the same manner. I hover it and get the dreaded beach ball. Can't quit in Activity Monitor and kill commands from the terminal do nothing. Bad juju guys.

Posts 235
Stephen Ashton | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 26 2010 6:53 AM

Robert - It would help the development team at Logos if you could send your logs to understand what is happening here. There's a link to the Guide for Reporting Bugs in my signature. Let's give 'em the information they need to sort the problem out!

Read FAQ and Guide for Reporting Bugs.

13" Macbook • 2GHz • 2GB RAM • OS 10.6.6 • 160GB Hard Drive

Posts 299
Robert Mullen | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 26 2010 8:04 AM

Problem for me was that this all happened getting ready to download the update for 16a. I couldn't get Logos unloaded to turn logging back on because it can't be quit. I rebooted and then ran into the indexer issue and had enough as it locked and forced another reboot. Time was a bit limited last night so I manually downloaded 16a and ran it. So far it seems to be working better but I spent very little time with it. Unfortunately all that to say the opportunity to log that problem is gone. I need system stability first and foremost.

Posts 1246
David Mitchell | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 30 2010 9:15 AM

Try manually downloading and installing Alpha 16a. If you have problems after doing so, let us know.

David Mitchell
Development Lead
Faithlife

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS