Search Question

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
This post has 1 Reply | 1 Follower

Posts 375
Clint Cozier | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, May 24 2017 8:02 AM

I'm working in the final clause of Col. 1:16, "τὰ πάντα διʼ αὐτοῦ καὶ εἰς αὐτὸν ἔκτισται." Here, Jesus (the antecedent of both pronouns) is both the means and the prupose of the creation. I'm using the syntactic force tagging to find other places where those two are expressed in close proximith (Within 3 Words) using the following search:

(<SGNTSyntacticForce = prep. means> OR {Section <SGNTSyntacticForce = prep. means>}) WITHIN 3 WORDS (<SGNTSyntacticForce = prep. purp.> OR {Section <SGNTSyntacticForce = prep. purp.>})

What I really want to isolate is other places where the same lemma / person / noun is the object of both prepositions as here and for example Rom 1:17 (δικαιοσύνη γὰρ θεοῦ ἐν αὐτῷ ἀποκαλύπτεται ἐκ πίστεως εἰς πίστιν) where faith functions in a way that is very similar to what Col 1 is saying about Jesus. Is there anything I can do short of sifting through the list of hit manually looking for times that both prepositional phrases have the same object?

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 24 2017 10:32 AM

Clint Cozier:
What I really want to isolate is other places where the same lemma / person / noun is the object of both prepositions ...

Morph Query can find preposition followed by lemma / root repetition (for manually sifting through results):

Keep Smiling Smile

Page 1 of 1 (2 items) | RSS