tense, voice, and mood

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
This post has 6 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 4
Fred Johnson | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, May 26 2017 7:03 PM

how to open tense, voice, and mood window in logos 7, and how to use it? thats all i want  now. thanks!

fred johnson

johnsonfreddie$at$sbcglobal.net

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 26 2017 11:08 PM

Welcome Big Smile

Faithlife previously offered a Tense, Voice, Mood resource so used command: Open Tense Voice Mood to open it. Currently know of eight resources that have Tense/Voice/Mood numerical tagging with some of them also having Logos Greek Morphology tagging.

Many more resources have Logos Greek Morphology and Logos Hebrew Morphology tagging that includes the rest of parsing information. Visual Filters can be used for highlighting morphology tagging in interlinear and reverse interlinear resources. Logos wiki has => Examples of visual filters

One way to display morphology is inline:

Another way in Reverse Interlinear resources is showing a ribbon along the bottom:

Rejoice in Matthew 5:12 is a verb (V), present (P), active (A), imperative (M), second person (2), plural (P)

FYI: if like more SPAM, then posting email in a public forum works. Following a forum thread allows replies to be emailed without showing your email address. Logos wiki has => Using the Forums for effective interaction in discussions about using Logos Bible Software

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 9866
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 26 2017 11:48 PM

Fred Johnson:
how to open tense, voice, and mood window in logos 7, and how to use it?

Fred,

one alternative to see the tense, voice, mood tagging in a window is to go to Tools/Information. It will open a sidebar window to the right of the screen which is able to give all kinds of helpful information - the Greek morphology information KS4J wrote about is found under Word Info:

(this presupposes you are using a morphologically tagged Greek/Hebrew bible or a modern translation with a reverse interlinear)

Running Logos 8 latest beta version on Win 10

Posts 448
Bootjack | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 29 2017 7:26 PM

Well since Fred didn't get back to ya's on this, permit me to say a thank you for pointing that out. Very helpful guys! 

ASUS Rogue / 500 GB Samsung SSD / 500 GB HD / 16 Gigs of RAM/ Logos 8 Full Feature Set / Faithlife Connect Essentials 

Posts 750
David A Egolf | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 29 2017 8:02 PM

Fred,

It is not a good practice to post your email address in the forums.  There are spammers out there who scan the forums looking for victims.  The moderators may be able to mangle your email address if it is too late for you to edit the entry.

Posts 4
Fred Johnson | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 29 2017 8:24 PM

I am sorry if email was the wrong way. if you just let  me know how it should be done i'll do it.

thanks

fred johnson

Posts 750
David A Egolf | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 29 2017 8:30 PM

I don't believe there is a "right" way to publish email addresses.  It usually just isn't necessary or expected.  If you must publish it, then minimally, replacing the '@' with $AT$ may be enough to foil mechanical scanners.

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS