GK101 Introduction to Biblical Greek John D. Schwandt

Page 3 of 4 (62 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 Next >
This post has 61 Replies | 9 Followers

Posts 1519
Mark | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 22 2017 12:59 PM

I understand that now.  But I did not understand that initially:

Michael McLane:
John, how would you compare the comprehensiveness of your course the Mounce's BBG and the video lectures by Zondervan on Logos?

It seems clear to me now.  Thanks all.  It is possible to purchase the videos in logos and if you have the books in logos, the certificate program (without the certificate most likely) is available in logos.

I appreciate John's responses. Happy with what has been delivered so far and looking forward to the rest

Posts 1745
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 29 2017 5:02 PM

John Schwandt:

No worries. Smile

You are correct.  The current 40% discount (or more through dynamic pricing if you own the Alphabet Tutor interactive through base package ownership) will continue on the two certificate bundles until all of the elements ship.  That is actually the reason you currently see a larger discount than 20% on those products even with only one product in your cart during the back to school promotion.

I'm sorry if this was asked but I wanted to double check. This course will remain 40% off until it ships? It lists a back to school discount but I know that ends soon

Posts 42
LogosEmployee
John Schwandt | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 29 2017 5:04 PM

Yes.  The discount will remain until it ships.

Posts 1745
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 29 2017 5:49 PM

John Schwandt:

Yes.  The discount will remain until it ships.

Thank you Mr Schwandt. I am really thinking hard about buying this course but I don't know any Greek at all. Will this course be beneficial to me or is it too advanced?

Posts 42
LogosEmployee
John Schwandt | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 30 2017 8:22 AM

I know of no other course out there that provides so many small steps at the beginning of the course to help a student with no other background in any foreign language to learn Greek.  The alphabet course (part of the bundled program) is an amazing way to build a solid foundation.  Then you can start working through Greek grammar.  The program teaches English grammar along the way so you don't have to be an English expert either.

Posts 1745
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 30 2017 8:59 AM

John Schwandt:

I know of no other course out there that provides so many small steps at the beginning of the course to help a student with no other background in any foreign language to learn Greek.  The alphabet course (part of the bundled program) is an amazing way to build a solid foundation.  Then you can start working through Greek grammar.  The program teaches English grammar along the way so you don't have to be an English expert either.

Thank you again for your time Mr Schwandt.  I've always wanted to learn Greek so it seems this will be the best way to do it!  I did think of one additional question though.  In looking at the product page, it seems to me that the only thing that hasn't shipped yet is the GK101 videos... is that correct?  The book and alphabet tutors are available and the videos will ship when done?  Can I still start the course without the videos or would it be better to wait for the videos?

Posts 42
LogosEmployee
John Schwandt | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 30 2017 11:06 AM

GK101 (the video course, with activity resource) and the textbook are both in production.  You can start with the alphabet course.  I suggest allowing yourself plenty of time with that.  It really helps to be very familiar with the alphabet before you really start digging into grammar.

Posts 4
Tom Pearce | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 30 2017 5:53 PM

Hi John, will the Greek grammar course be released in sections going forward so we can start on them...or will we need to wait for it to be completed/released in full.

Posts 1745
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 14 2017 5:04 PM

I'm unable to start the koine version in the courses tool but I am able to start the erasmian version. Anyone else having this issue?

I posted photos here: https://community.logos.com/forums/t/148298.aspx 

Posts 890
Bill Moore | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 26 2017 3:32 PM

Michael McLane:

Thanks John, I did not mean to sound disgruntled, just a little disappointed. However, you did a kind job of explaining things.

A point of clarification, though. Are you saying that the current discounts, including the Back-to-School discount will remain valid until the whole package has shipped?

For instance, The Biblical Languages: Foundational Certificate Program is dynamically priced, with the Back-to-School discount, at $234.10. The Back-to-School part of that discounted price is $156.06 of the total discounted price. If I wait a couple of months to purchase, then I will not lose that discount?

Thanks for the clarification.

Somehow I missed this product till this morning. Michael, the discounted price for the Biblical Languages: Foundational Certificate Program bundle is about half what I'm seeing for both the Hebrew and Greek. Are you referring only to the Greek portion of this?

This looks like a good way to regain a lot of what I've lost with the languages.

Pastor, Cornerstone Baptist Church, Clinton, SC

Posts 890
Bill Moore | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 30 2017 12:54 PM

Well--I'm in--just ordered the language bundle, though it may be a year or so before I touch the Hebrew course.

Pastor, Cornerstone Baptist Church, Clinton, SC

Posts 786
Michael McLane | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 2 2017 12:40 PM

John Schwandt:
 I'm pushing to see all of the parts shipped by the end of the year.

John, is this still on track to be released, in total, by the end of the year. I would like to purchase it but do not want my money to be tied up in something that I cannot use in full for the next six months.

Thanks

Posts 243
LogosEmployee
Miles Custis | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 2 2017 12:56 PM

Michael McLane:
John, is this still on track to be released, in total, by the end of the year. I would like to purchase it but do not want my money to be tied up in something that I cannot use in full for the next six months.

Yes, we are planning on releasing it before the end of the year.

Posts 786
Michael McLane | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 2 2017 2:18 PM

Great. Thanks for the quick reply.

Posts 1519
Mark | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 30 2017 12:42 PM

Miles Custis:
Yes, we are planning on releasing it before the end of the year.

Any update on this?

Posts 1519
Mark | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 5 2017 1:06 PM

Hello?

Posts 243
LogosEmployee
Miles Custis | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 5 2017 3:02 PM

Mark:
Any update on this?

We're finalizing the course now and still plan to release it by the end of the year. It will be close to the end of the year though.

Posts 42
LogosEmployee
John Schwandt | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 5 2017 3:02 PM

I believe we are still on track for shipping it this year.  Last chance messaging for people to get the pre-order discount should be going out. Smile

Posts 1519
Mark | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 5 2017 4:01 PM

Thanks

Posts 4
Scott Loras | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 6 2017 5:32 PM

John, what is your recommended time frame for completing the course for best results?  One video segment each day during the week at about the same time of day (treat it like a physical classroom setting), or every other day during the week with a day off for homework, or once per week?  What do you suggest is typically best for learning and retention?  My schedule has flexibility and I want to prioritize my language learning to fit success.  Do you suggest one language at a time, and if so, is it best to start with Greek or Hebrew, or is that a personal preference?  Are you planning on an Advanced course in the future to supplement this course?  Thanks!

Page 3 of 4 (62 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 Next > | RSS
Copyright 1992-2015 Faithlife / Logos Bible Software.