Slow Transitions while Using Record Feature

Page 1 of 1 (14 items)
This post has 13 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 370
Josh Edwards | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, May 29 2017 4:35 AM

Good morning! I'm having a little bit of a problem when recording live. When I use the preview, transitions act like they should being almost instantaneous. However, if I am On Air recording the sermon, it takes 2-3 seconds before the slides will change. This doesn't usually affect the songs or other slides, just when we are recording. We are using a computer that is probably 4 years old, but I have upgraded it through the years and it's now running on an SSD, so I don't think it's the throughput of writing to the disk as everything else is extremely fast. Any ideas as to what might be going on? Thanks!

Posts 370
Josh Edwards | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 30 2017 5:17 PM

Did anyone have a chance to look at this today? Thanks for the help!

Posts 3501
LogosEmployee
Scott Alexander | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 31 2017 8:44 AM

Josh Edwards:

Did anyone have a chance to look at this today? Thanks for the help!

We haven't had a chance to look at this yet, hoping to get to it today. It would help if you could use the Help menu to save your log files and attach them to this thread. Also, please point out a time when you experienced the slow transitions (the last 10 log sessions are included).

Posts 370
Josh Edwards | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 31 2017 8:53 AM
Scott, Thanks for looking at this. Unfortunately, it happens every time during the sermon as that's when we record with the computer. Attached are the log files. I ran a test with the newest update just now and there's a noticeable lag when recording, but not when just previewing. The transitions work as expected. I have ordered more memory to add to our system to see if that will help too. It may be time to upgrade the video card as well, though I am not sure of the value of that considering the computer is probably 4 years old. However, I have upgraded the disk to an SSD and that made a world of difference in speed of the machine. Anyway, here are the logs. Thanks again!
Posts 370
Josh Edwards | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 1 2017 5:27 PM

Scott, is there any update to this? I tried adding more RAM and doing a little maintenance on the computer, but nothing really helped. Thanks for taking a look at this.

Posts 3501
LogosEmployee
Scott Alexander | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 2 2017 9:31 AM

Hey Josh, thanks for your patience. We're able to reproduce on Windows only and are currently investigating.

Posts 3501
LogosEmployee
Scott Alexander | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 2 2017 9:00 PM

Josh, are you displaying the confidence output when you experience the slow transitions? If so please try temporarily turning off the confidence output and see if the issue can be reproduced. We believe there is a performance issue with generating the confidence slides that is exacerbated by the type of slides you have in your recording section.

Posts 370
Josh Edwards | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 3 2017 5:05 AM

Scott, yes, we use the confidence output regularly. I did turn it off and it seems to have fixed the problem. Everything is instantaneous. I noticed, too, that even the songs were quicker to change without using the confidence output. I checked my driver for the BVU165 unit we are using and everything is up to date. There's not a way to add a second video card to my computer, I don't believe. I wonder if using a PCI card would be better than using a USB for the confidence monitor. I really can't afford to give up the confidence monitor as the readability is so much better from the distance our rear TV is from the front of house. Any ideas on what to do on my part or is this something that has to be fixed internally with Proclaim? Thanks so much for chasing this down.

Posts 3501
LogosEmployee
Scott Alexander | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 3 2017 9:16 AM

Josh, I don't believe the issue is related to your hardware, it's something we need to change in Proclaim. We're going to be working on a fix next week, hopefully to release the following week. Thanks for reporting this!

Posts 370
Josh Edwards | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 3 2017 1:18 PM

Thanks for your help, Scott! I appreciate all of you that work on this great piece of software. 

Posts 3501
LogosEmployee
Scott Alexander | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 17 2017 8:14 AM

Josh, the latest version of Proclaim is available on https://proclaimonline.com/download, which includes a fix for the confidence output rendering delay. The update will start to be advertised in-app starting next week, but if you want a head start I'd love to hear your feedback.

Posts 370
Josh Edwards | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 17 2017 9:17 AM

Awesome, Scott! It worked like a champ as far as I can tell by connecting to the sanctuary computer remotely. Thanks for your help in this! You all are awesome, as usual. Cool

Posts 77
LogosEmployee
Brandon Adent | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 23 2017 9:29 AM

Hi Josh,

We introduced a bug with this update that resulted in Proclaim not sending a full slide preview to the confidence monitor, so we had to roll back part of this change. As a result, you may get a bit of sluggishness again.

We're sorry about any inconvenience, and this is definitely something we want to continue to improve in the future.

Page 1 of 1 (14 items) | RSS