Surface pro users (core m3) and Logos 7

Page 1 of 1 (13 items)
This post has 12 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 34
Yann Parodi | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, May 30 2017 2:07 AM

I'm trying to look to buy a surface pro m3 version and wondered if anyone has a feed back using Logos 7.

I have seen commens about Logos 6, yet as Logos 7 seems to use to be sluggish in my actual computer i wondered if a surface pro core M3 can handle it ?

Thank you,

Yann

Posts 371
James Chandler | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 30 2017 6:27 AM

I have a surface pro 3 with 512 HD and 8 gig of ram. I have been using Logos 7 from the beginning. Sometimes I think it works better than my regular laptop.

Jim

Running on ASUS Windows 10 I7 24 gig of ram, 1 Terabyte drive.

Philippians 2:3 Do nothing from selfish ambition or conceit, but in humility count others more significant than yourselves.

Posts 2825
Michael Childs | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 30 2017 7:23 AM

While Logos 7 might run with an m3 processor, it will run much better with a more powerful processor.  For maximum performance you are going to need the Surface Pro with an i5 or i7 processor, 8 GB of ram, and 256 GB SSD.  It doesn't matter if it is a Surface pro or not, that is what it is going to take to get Logos' top performance.  If you are trying to run the program on an under-powered machine, slow performance is not the computer's fault.

I have been using a Surface Pro 3 for two years with those specs, and it is the best Logos experience I have found.

"In all cases, the Church is to be judged by the Scripture, not the Scripture by the Church," John Wesley

Posts 1962
Mark | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 30 2017 10:00 AM

Michael Childs:
While Logos 7 might run with an m3 processor, it will run much better with a more powerful processor.

I have a Asus 360 and run Logos with the m3 processor without any problems.  I am sure faster chips will mean better performance.  But I have not had any issues with Logos using the m3.

Posts 2825
Michael Childs | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 30 2017 11:30 AM

Mark:

Michael Childs:
While Logos 7 might run with an m3 processor, it will run much better with a more powerful processor.

I have a Asus 360 and run Logos with the m3 processor without any problems.  I am sure faster chips will mean better performance.  But I have not had any issues with Logos using the m3.

I certainly do not challenge that Logos will run with an m3 processor.  In fact, ram memory and a good SSD are probably the biggest factors in getting Logos to run faster.  But the processor does matter.

"In all cases, the Church is to be judged by the Scripture, not the Scripture by the Church," John Wesley

Posts 808
Bill Anderson | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 30 2017 12:42 PM

Yann Parodi:

I'm trying to look to buy a surface pro m3 version and wondered if anyone has a feed back using Logos 7.

I have seen commens about Logos 6, yet as Logos 7 seems to use to be sluggish in my actual computer i wondered if a surface pro core M3 can handle it ?

Thank you,

Yann

You may want to wait a couple of weeks and purchase the brand new Surface Pro that was just announced last week. The internals were upgraded with the most current Kaby Lake processors.

Posts 1859
David Thomas | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 30 2017 5:11 PM

Bill Anderson:
You may want to wait a couple of weeks and purchase the brand new Surface Pro that was just announced last week. The internals were upgraded with the most current Kaby Lake processors.

Or get an i5 or i7 Pro4 at a significant discount as Microsoft tries to clear out old inventory.

Making Disciples!  Logos Ecosystem = Logos8 on Microsoft Surface Pro 4 (Win10), Android app on tablet, FSB on iPhone, [deprecated] Windows App, Proclaim, Faithlife.com, FaithlifeTV via Connect subscription.

Posts 1
Valentin | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 31 2017 3:42 AM

I have been using a Surface Pro 3 for three years with those specs, and it is the best Logos experience I have found.

Posts 34
Yann Parodi | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 1 2017 2:45 AM

Thank you very much for all your answers. I'm happy to know that a m3 should be find with Logos and i5 could provide a better experience. What about the stylus do you use it ? I'm doing greek exegesis using highlights in the ressources.

Posts 1859
David Thomas | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 1 2017 2:58 PM

Yann Parodi:
What about the stylus do you use it ? 

YES! since Logos has not been optimized for touch, the stylus is almost essential if your fingers are larger than a pencil point.

Making Disciples!  Logos Ecosystem = Logos8 on Microsoft Surface Pro 4 (Win10), Android app on tablet, FSB on iPhone, [deprecated] Windows App, Proclaim, Faithlife.com, FaithlifeTV via Connect subscription.

Posts 2825
Michael Childs | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 1 2017 3:27 PM

Yann Parodi:

Thank you very much for all your answers. I'm happy to know that a m3 should be find with Logos and i5 could provide a better experience. What about the stylus do you use it ? I'm doing greek exegesis using highlights in the ressources.

I did at first, and I used an external monitor at first.  But I do not now.  I find the Surface Pro touch pad to be more than sufficient.  Also, I like the touch screen too much to use an external monitor.  I just stretch or pinch the screen with my fingers, and it is great.

I daily do Greek exegesis on my Surface pro.

By the way, the suggestion about to consider a Surface Pro 4 at a discount is a good idea.  I would go with an i5 processor in a Surface pro 4 before going with a less powerful processor in the new model.  And the Surface Pro 4 is on sale now..

Posts 34
Yann Parodi | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 2 2017 3:36 AM

Thank you all,

Thank you michael for your precious advices.

I will probably go with an I5/8Gb/256Gb, i'm tempted with the new one for the battery but i'm waiting for real test. Also maybe i'll wait for September, do you think they will be deals for the new academic year ?

Yann

Posts 1859
David Thomas | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 20 2017 4:46 AM

I am posting to several Surface threads. Another chance to let our voices be heard - http://community.logos.com/forums/t/148421.aspx 

Page 1 of 1 (13 items) | RSS