Tagging Decisions

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
This post has 2 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 375
Clint Cozier | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Jun 2 2017 1:47 PM

Occasionally I'm not sure what's driving decisions made about tagging. For example. I've been working through the Old Testament passages about the Holy Spirit. The dominant tag is <Person Holy Spirit>, or at least so I thought until I discovered that Spirit of the LORD is always tagged <Person God>. I could live with that, but Spirit of God is usually tagged <Person Holy Spirit> with the exception of Job 7:3 where it is tagged <Person God>. If there is a rhyme or reason to the variation, it escapes me.

Posts 24852
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 2 2017 4:29 PM

Clint Cozier:
Spirit of God is usually tagged <Person Holy Spirit> with the exception of Job 7:3

I think you meant Job 27:3 where both parts of "spirit of God" (ESV) are tagged for God.

The search "Spirit of God" INTERSECTS <Person Holy Spirit> (ESV) would confirm your assertion when you look at the search highlighting but when you eliminate common passages from "Spirit of God" INTERSECTS <Person God> (ESV) it shows more exceptions:-

• 1 Samuel 10:10  ---> "Spirit" is not tagged
  • 1 Samuel 11:6  --->  "Spirit" is not tagged
  • 1 Samuel 19:20  ---> "Spirit" is not tagged
  • 1 Samuel 19:23  ---> "Spirit" is not tagged
  • 2 Chronicles 15:1  ---> "Spirit" is not tagged
  • Job 27:3  ---> "spirit" is tagged for God
  • Ezekiel 11:24  -----> "Spirit" is tagged for another Spirit

And "God" is tagged only for God in these passages.

But in the passages from the first search where "God" is tagged for Holy Spirit,  "God" is not always tagged for God.

Note:

Is 63:11 "Holy Spirit" is tagged for both God and Holy Spirit.

Prov 16:2 "spirit" (human) is tagged incorrectly for God.

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 375
Clint Cozier | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 2 2017 4:45 PM

Thanks Dave.....more fuel on the fire. I love the meta-tagging being done by FL, but right now there are too many inconsistencies. I should have worked back from a lemma search into the tagging rather than trying to work from the meta-tags out. Fewer meta-tag schemes and an emphasis on accuracy and consistency would go a long way it seems to me.

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS