4.0c Beta 1: Bug: Link to Dead Sea Scrolls 1Q33 not preserved when adding passages from selected text to Passage List

Page 1 of 1 (12 items)
This post has 11 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 18876
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Mar 27 2010 4:40 AM | Locked

Open Commentary on New Testment Use of the Old Testament

Select all the text for John 12:12-16.

File > Passage List

Add > Add passages from...selected text

Result: the reference to 1Q33 Col. xii:13 comes in but is missing the hyperlink, even though I have that resource in my library and can click on the link to it from Commentary on New Testment Use of the Old Testament and the hyperlink works.

Posts 463
George Allakhverdyan | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 29 2010 4:40 PM | Locked

I can't seem to repro this. Perhaps a screencast may help?

Posts 726
Chris Elford | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 29 2010 8:11 PM | Locked

Rosie Perera:

Open Commentary on New Testment Use of the Old Testament

Select all the text for John 12:12-16.

File > Passage List

Add > Add passages from...selected text

Result: the reference to 1Q33 Col. xii:13 comes in but is missing the hyperlink, even though I have that resource in my library and can click on the link to it from Commentary on New Testment Use of the Old Testament and the hyperlink works.

There seems, to me, to be something is amiss in the hyperlink in the CNTUOT. I don't have the Dead Sea Scrolls in my library, so am not surprised that the hyperlink in the Passage List is not active. But, it is active in the CNTUOT, but all that happens when I click on it is I get a long black "unresponsive" message and then Power Lookup opens with 1Q33 Col. xii:13 at the top, in black, and nothing else.

If I understand how the Passage List gets its references, which is not a given, then a bad hyperlink in the text will result in a bad link in the passage list. So, is it really just a "typo"?

Chris

Posts 18876
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 29 2010 11:14 PM | Locked

OK, here's a screencast. Interesting to note that the way the link shows up in the CNTUOT is 1QM XII, 13 but the popup shows 1Q33 Col. xii:13 and that is the way it is addressed when I jump to that location in the DSS and it's how the link shows up in the Passage List. So maybe the problem hinges on the fact that there are two different synonymous ways of addressing the War Scroll in DSS?? I'm trying to find another DSS link to try this with to see if it happens with others too, but have failed to find any that aren't broken links (have reported some typos in CNTUOT this evening due to those broken links).

Posts 13398
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 30 2010 3:11 AM | Locked

The issue is actually with the DSS, as I reported earlier.

Posts 18876
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 30 2010 3:28 AM | Locked

Mark Barnes:

The issue is actually with the DSS, as I reported earlier.

I'm not sure it's the same issue as yours, Mark, because in your case clicking on the link does not bring up the DSS and bring you to the right location, but in my case it does.

Posts 13398
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 30 2010 5:07 AM | Locked

Sorry, I meant that there are multiple problems with the DSS of which yours is a different manifestation.

In your case, the problem (I think) is that the DSS does not appear in the resources drop-down, presumably because there is a missing flag somewhere. I don't think it's bad tagging in CNTUOT, but problems with the DSS metadata ('verse mapping' in my case, a missing flag in yours).

Posts 22837
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 17 2010 2:05 AM | Locked

I've just been looking at a passage list generated from a section on CNTUOT and found something similar (4.1 Beta 1).

My case is similar to Chris' above in that I don't have the DSS either.

I was looking at the section on Luke 12:49-59 in CNTUOT which has (among other things) this list of references:

(Jer. 43:12; Ezek. 15:7; Hos. 8:14; Amos 1:4–14; 2:2, 5; Nah. 3:13; Zech. 13:9; Mal. 3:2–3; cf. 1 En. 18:15; 102:1; 2 Bar. 37:1; 48:39; 4 Ezra 13:10–11; Pss. Sol. 15:4–5; Jub. 9:15; 36:10; 1QHa XVI, 20; see Bock 1994–1996: 1192n6).

In the passage list I generated, the QHa reference is included without a hyperlink.

As I don't have the DSS presumably this is the correct behaviour?

Graham 

Posts 18876
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 17 2010 2:54 AM | Locked

This is still a problem for me and I think since George left the company is has not been confirmed by Logos. Now that we have precise linking in 4.1 Beta 1, I can describe the location and how to reproduce this problem more easily:

1. Go to this location.

2. Select the first sentence there: "A possible reference to Zech. 9:9 is found in 1QM XII, 13 (Baldwin 1972: 164n2)."

3. File > Passage List

4. Add > Add passages from...selected text

Result: the reference to 1Q33 Col. xii:13 comes in but is missing the hyperlink, even though I have that resource in my library and can click on the link to it from Commentary on New Testment Use of the Old Testament and the hyperlink works (note: the surface text for that hyperlink in CNTUOT is 1QM XII, 13). The other hyperlink for Zech 9:9 works fine.

Posts 4077
Melissa Snyder | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 19 2010 8:18 AM | Locked

Rosie Perera:
This is still a problem for me and I think since George left the company is has not been confirmed by Logos. Now that we have precise linking in 4.1 Beta 1, I can describe the location and how to reproduce this problem more easily:

I've submitted this to development. Thank you.

Posts 18876
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 19 2010 10:05 AM | Locked

Melissa Snyder:

Rosie Perera:

I've submitted this to development. Thank you.

Thanks, Melissa.

Posts 4077
Melissa Snyder | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 23 2010 2:14 PM | Locked

This will be fixed in the next beta.

Page 1 of 1 (12 items) | RSS