Question for Marketing

Page 2 of 2 (24 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 23 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 4171
Disciple of Christ (doc) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 7 2017 10:28 PM

Bill if you are using this approach for a quick view of your commentary coverage, don't look at every subject heading, only take note of those that are of the format Bible. N.T.(or O.T.) Book Name--Commentaries. Ignore all other subject headings. Ones like the Abraham one will only end up in you double counting as a resource can have multiple subject headings. This is not meant to give you an accurate count but a visual on the balance of your commentary coverage. Appreciate though for you though a number representation is more important than a visual representation so Bradley's search method is probably the better approach for you.

BillS:

Thanks, doc & Richard,

I tried this method, but I end up with 16 pages of index. I've attached a picture of my 1st page. One reason it isn't usable: even a nondescript entry near the top--Abraham (biblical patriarch)--is actually a commentary on Genesis 12-25 that I'd want to count. I still hope marketing will weigh in with a solution none of us has thought of.

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 8 2017 4:17 AM

Bradley Grainger (Faithlife):
To run this search, either create a collection of all your commentaries (to search within) or just create a quick collection for type:bible-commentary.

Dynamic collection Type:(comment,note) includes three resource types

Help has Bible Book abbreviations.

Many Study Bibles are type:bible-notes

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 3456
BillS | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 8 2017 10:55 AM

Thanks for the response, (doc), I appreciate your time & thought... I think the answer I was looking for occurs once per commentary (for 1 Peter, it's in the line called Bible.NT.1Peter--Commentaries. (35)

And I think maybe 35 is the number I was looking for... or at least close enough for comparison with the other numbers. With a database, you'd just think there ought to be a way to screen out everything else.

Blessings!

The Grace & Peace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you!
Bill

W8.1 64bit, Office 2016
i7, 2.40GHz, 1Gb graphics, 16Gb RAM, 512Gb Samsung 850 Pro SSD
Samsung Galaxy S7, Android 7.0

Posts 4171
Disciple of Christ (doc) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 14 2017 11:38 PM

BillS:
With a database, you'd just think there ought to be a way to screen out everything else.

It seems that it has been talked about at FL so lets hope some sort of reporting tool does come out way one day.

Page 2 of 2 (24 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS
Copyright 1992-2015 Faithlife / Logos Bible Software.