Greek NT Read Aloud

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
This post has 7 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 427
Jordan Litchfield | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Jun 6 2017 12:03 AM

A while back Morris Proctor did a blog post on getting a Greek NT read aloud to you in Logos. At the time, the details weren't showing up the same way he was describing them and I never got an answer to my question on his post.

So, I have the NA28, SBL, etc. Is there a way to have those read aloud? While I'm at it, can this be done with a Hebrew Bible? I have BHS, LHB...

Posts 5315
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 6 2017 12:09 AM

There is no read aloud feature for the Hebrew Bible at this point in time. FL put a Hebrew Audio Bible in the too hard basket and there it has stayed. Hoping one day they have the courage to re-open the basket.

Jordan Litchfield:

A while back Morris Proctor did a blog post on getting a Greek NT read aloud to you in Logos. At the time, the details weren't showing up the same way he was describing them and I never got an answer to my question on his post.

So, I have the NA28, SBL, etc. Is there a way to have those read aloud? While I'm at it, can this be done with a Hebrew Bible? I have BHS, LHB...

Posts 10420
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 6 2017 2:19 AM

Jordan Litchfield:
So, I have the NA28, SBL, etc. Is there a way to have those read aloud?

You'll need the Audio Greek NT resource

Running Logos 8 latest beta version on Win 10

Posts 666
James McAdams | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 6 2017 2:27 AM

NB.Mick:

And it's not supported in Mobile either. Not sure if it will be added or not, but it's useless to me until they do :(

Posts 142
James Macleod | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 7 2017 8:15 AM

NB.Mick:

Jordan Litchfield:

This is good if you use Erasmian pronunciation. I use modern pronunciation so I purchased Dr. Zodhiates' MP3s. He is a native Greek speaker. His version is based on the Nestle-aland 26th edition, which wouldn't be my preference, but is good enough for what I use it for. You won't have a problem with it working on mobile devices if you are using MP3s. What is the advantage of using the Logos version apart from syncing with the text?

Posts 427
Jordan Litchfield | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 7 2017 11:19 AM

Thanks everyone!

Posts 436
Adam Olean | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 7 2017 12:19 PM

Jordan, if you or anyone else is interested in a Hebrew and Greek audio bibles, you should check out the following thread, which includes suggestions and links to free audio. It's specifically a "Hebrew Audio Bible" suggestion-thread, but the GNT has been raised in the discussion as well. 

https://community.logos.com/forums/t/118865.aspx 

Posts 10
James Hillstrand | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 7 2017 8:53 PM

NB.Mick:

Jordan Litchfield:

This will surely help.

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS