Reading Plan for Code of Canon Law - Hideous Results

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
This post has 6 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 54

I decided that perhaps it is time for me to at least familiarize myself with the Code of Canon Law, and I created a six-month reading plan to read it through sequentially. In creating this plan, I used the following settings:

Read All Passages
in Code of Canon Law: New English Translation
every day
starting today 
and finishing in six months ,
by myself .

And the results came out really hideous, as shown in the attached screenshot. It makes me dizzy just looking at it, and does not make for a pleasant reading experience.

Am I doing something wrong here?

I am using Verbum 7.6 SR-1 (7.6.0.0037) on macOS Sierra (10.12.5).

Posts 26467
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 30 2017 8:17 PM

I can replicate your results but don't immediate recognize the pattern in the odd repetitions. Please report this as a bug, inserting the word BUG at the beginning of the title and using the paper clip icon to insert the screenshot so it displays directly in the message.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 54
Michael Sheaver | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 30 2017 9:25 PM

Thanks MJ for the guidance. I have posted it here: BUG: Reading Plan for Code of Canon Law - Unexpected Results

Posts 54
Michael Sheaver | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 1 2017 4:06 PM

MJ, I see that you added some additional supporting screenshots to my bug report; many, many thanks for that! Ummm.... I feel a bit foolish asking this, but how DID you get your screenshots to appear in the post? I used the paperclip like you said, and all I got was that little blue box. Could it be because I saved my screenshot in the wrong format (jpg)?

Posts 26467
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 1 2017 11:30 PM

I think there is a problem on the Mac with jpeg or jpg - one works but the other doesn't IIRC. Unfortunately, I'm on a PC so I didn't keep the details in mind.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 54
Michael Sheaver | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 3 2017 7:52 PM

MJ, guess what? I was able to upload jpeg screenshots in another post here today (Reading Plan with Custom Layout).

I created those screenshots in the same exact way that I did the others, using the same software, on the same Mac. You will not believe what the trick was. Surprise I just changed the file extension from .jpg to .jpeg before uploading it. Go figure!

This indicates to me that is a limitation of the forum software, and I do appreciate your pointing me in the right direction!

Posts 26467
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 5 2017 3:07 PM

Excellent

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS